macProVideo.com
Forums
  • coFane
    MPV blog RSS problems in my mail app?
    Hi, the MPV blog is obviously my favorite blog to read. I just transferred all my blog rss feeds to my mail app on my iMac. All my feeds are working awesomely! EXCEPT for the MPV RSS. I've tried re-adding it a few times but it is just empty (doesn't show any blog posts). I have about 10 total blogs and they are all updating and displaying RSS fine. Any recommendations for getting the MPV RSS to work? thanks!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: MPV blog RSS problems in my ma...
    Hey CoFane! Really glad you're enjoying the MPV Blog... we've got some awesome plans for it this year. Bizarrely, just before I read your email I was checking the RSS feed for the blog in my Mail app! It's always worked fine here... and in other RSS readers (i have one for my iPhone for example). Make sure you have the correct URL: http://www.macprovideo.com/blog/ Let me know if this helps... and feel free to add some comments to any blog articles you enjoy reading! :) Rounik
  • Skye
    http://www.macprovideo.com/blog/feed Just tested in Mail and works fine.
  • coFane
    Thanks! I'm going to re-try loading it tonight. I think it may have been a problem with my bandwidth (connection was kind of weak when I was doing it). I'll let ya know how it turns out! Rounik, I will start commenting more because the blog has truly become unbelievable! I actually created my own blog and linked over to MPV on my most recent post the other day. Check it out brother! http://churchwilliams.com/
  • Skye
    Nice site. Sweet looking comp/music set up. Is that a Ninja Gaiden image? =p
  • coFane
    ha! Indeed that IS Ninja Gaiden! That is actually what our stage looks like too when we perform live (more or less). I'll be posting videos of it soon.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Eric/Church! I'm really enjoying your EP 'Touch the Sun'... I think I heard an early version of 'New sight' and/or 'Touch the sun'.. last summer when we were chatting about production and audio stuff... Anyway, I'm loving the direction you've taken and the production & also your website.... excellent stuff man! Well done! Currently can't stop listening to Friendly fire... "swimming in consequences... I lower down my defences..." Thanks! Rounik
  • coFane
    @Rounik- Thanks man! I really appreciate the observations (and, of course the download :) You absolutely ROCK!! I'm still unable to get the RSS into my mail app. It appears in my sidebar but there are no blog listings associated with it in the main area (even when I "update all RSS feeds" If you get any ideas let me know. I'll try some options here and keep you all informed.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Eric, :) That's odd... can you describe the exact steps you took (and details) to setup RSS for MPV's blog in Mail... I'll take another look at this tomorrow. :) R
  • coFane
    In the mail.app I'm chosing File>Add RSS Feed>Specify the URL for a feed> feed://www.macprovideo.com/blog/feed (I've also tried the other specific URLs you both kindly posted). No luck. I also pulled the RSS feed in Safari and clicked the + button > "Add bookmark to mail" Still no luck. I spoke to my brother and he said the mail.app really started to be buggy for him (within the last 2 months). He said all his RSS feeds completely STOPPED updating! I'm wondering if the mail.app has issues...
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: