macProVideo.com
Forums
  • drusif
    i tunes help
    i seem to be the only one who posts in the general forum lol. anyways. im after so advice for itunes! so, when i buy my music from dj sites such as beatport, i download it and it loads straight into itunes as i want it to so it syncs with traktor! however when i download sample packs for logic if i play them or audition any of the sounds they to load in to itunes which i dont want cause i dont want it clogged up with loads of little samples, plus its takin up extra space on my harddrive. so what i want is to have all samples on an external harddrive and be able to play them with out them copying on to itunes. so when i open logic there all saved away from the mac, i can play them etc and they wont jump onto the mac. aswell as this i want to have multiple itunes librarys saved to the external harddrive. one for my albums and band music etc. and one where i can save all my dj music to before i drop it onto the mac library for traktor. i hope this makes sense. cheers drusif
  • Hamish H
    Re: i tunes help
    Hey Drusif I can help with one of your qs.. When I dowload sample packs I save them to the macs internal drive, in the Music folder. But I could save them anywhere, eg an external hard drive like you want. The way to audtion them without opening itunes is to browse through them in Logic itself. Open the browser, and navigate to whichever folder you saved the samples. Then you can preview them in Logic, in the track that you want to use them in. You could also try dropping the samples straight on to Logic's browser if they are apple loops. I don't do this because sometimes the sample pack's idea of an apple loop isn't always the same a s Logics if you know what I mean. Logic may not be able to organise the samples corretcly and it makes them hard to find and use in my opinion, I'm not sure about multiple itunes folders sorry, but hope that helps! Cheers Hamish
  • drusif
    yea thats great, i just dont want to keep loading i tunes up 1 sec hits and little loops. cheers hamish
  • Hamish H
    No worries! just remember that when you use Logic's browser the sample (if its an apple loop) will preview at the same tempo as the project. Also there is an option to listen to the sample in the original key or the key of the project. Most loop packs that I know of have the original key and tempo written into the sample file name. H
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: