macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Antonio
    Rendering and such in final cut express
    Hey, basically I want some feedback because I'm going to university and I don't have a great budget for software now that I've got a macbook air and a Panosonic SD900 Camcorder, I saw final cut express and straight away the price caught my eye as good and possibly a bargain but I've heard there are problems concerning burning, rendering and importing and exporting footage which are more limited in express than say a final cut pro, would this be a problem for myself and my camera? or is what I heard an exaggeration? Please reply asap thanks! :)
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Rendering and such in final cut express
    Hi Antonio, Final Cut Express is now the old version of Final Cut... and probably won't be supported for the future. The new version of Final Cut, comes in one flavour only: Final Cut Pro X. You can ONLY buy it from the Mac App Store... but I believe it's price is comparable to the old Final Cut Express. I would recommend purchasing the new FCP X or even for the time being use iMovie 11 that comes free on your MacBook Air. It's deceptively good and once you learn the concepts of editing there you'll find going up to FCP X will be easier. However, I cant see the Panasonic SD900 on the FCP X compatibility list: [url]http://help.apple.com/finalcutpro/cameras/en/index.html?[/url] Which doesn't bode well!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: