macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Couny
    Critiquing others music.
    I wanted to see if users of the forums share and critique each others music on a constructive level. For someone like myself who is fairly new to production and is limited in resources locally for criticism, it would benefit me greatly. Posting on a site like soundcloud is great for sharing with others, but rarley do others share thoughts on the piece besides "good job" etc. I am not talking about hour long DJ sets that is just not praticle, but 3-5min tracks or clips of a piece one is concerned about. I just wanted to see if this was something that others were interested in, or if this has been brought up in the past and has been decided that it is not something wanted on the forums. -Couny
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Critiquing others music.
    Hi M. Couny. Post us a link to some of your tracks and we will gladly critique them for you. Its the best way to learn. Sometimes others will point out production tips that you may have missed. As you may be too close to the track to see other ideas that may change the track up for the better.
  • Couny
    Thanks Gary I do apprecitae it. I am on soundcloud at soundcloud.com/couny I just put up a drum and bass track that is more or less finished and is my first complete track. There is another sketch of a track/remix I am playing around with, but it still needs some work and some of the vocals removed as they tend to be a bit to repetitious, at this point not really looking for critiscim on that cause its still so "young" just the drum and bass one. I use Maschine to sketch out ideas and then mixdown into Live to work on the arrangement and do final editing. Massive was what I used for most of the sounds (in both tracks actually) as I am still learning Absynth and FM8 and do not have patches created yet that are of my own making.
  • Couny
    So I have been hard at work trying to implement techniques I have learned from here at MPV and through trial and error and I am happy with my progress so far in production and sound design, but I have a question that goes to either compression and/or mastering of tracks. If anyone could take a listen to some of the latest tracks I have posted on my soundcloud www.soundcloud.com/couny I hear this slight pop or overdrive (really unsure what it is) when I listen to a few of my more recent tracks on my AKG 702's. I can not determine if it stems from the source (the VST instrument used), my processing, or if its something that is done when I bounce the track out of Live. I don't hear it while listening in Live so I am assuming its after the bounce, but any feedback at all would be greatly appreciated. If anyone thinks they need some more info, I would be happy to share whats needed. In case it helps, when I bounce out of Live I bounce at 24 bit with no dither because I have a Waves L1 as the last plug in on the Master used for dither, but I do not know if I should still dither in Lives Export or not.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: