macProVideo.com
Forums
  • abaudioman
    Optional formats
    I read some complaints about the N.E.D. player, but did not react there as I feel this may be another topic. Eventhough I had no issues (yet) (but then again I am pretty new to the N.E.D. player). Yet the first thing that comes to mind if I need a dedicated player is: Gosh, again another player! I don't mean I do not dislike how everything works, but I hate the fact to be restricted to a dedicated player. I have to move from computer to computer sometimes, some have no connection with the internet. It would be so much more convenient if there was either a N.E.D. extension convertor or optional downloads for different extensions. I love my small sized movieplayer a lot since it works also on my older computers, different formats would give the liberty to move files on a dvd/cd to be played on any computer without the need of installing yet another player...
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Optional formats
    Hi Abaudio, Thanks for your post. It's good to read your comments and understand your feelings on the player. I'd highly recommend trying out our NED download/player. There have been a minority of users who've unfortunately had negative experiences. We certainly do our best to help them through any issues (usually through our Support area so we can diagnose whether there may be some plugins or file on their system which may be causing a conflict). Most of our members use and love NED... it's a great way to download watch and keep a library of the courses you own. Think of it like iTunes for video tutorials :) We don't support DVD playback any longer... we feel the writing is on the wall for such media formats... the majority of our members want to stream the entire library through their browser/iPad/iPhone, and some wish to download courses too. Also, formats like DVD are not very secure in terms of piracy, so although our prices are already extremely low, opening up to other formats which are easy to rip wouldn't be good for us or for you our customer int he long term :) Do give NED a try and see what you think. Feel free to leave your comments here and if you need technical help our Support team will do their utmost to help you: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/support/[/url] Thanks again for taking the time to provide your feedback. Best, Rounik
  • abaudioman
    Re: Re: Re: Optional formats
    Hi Rounik, "Try N.E.D."...Well that I allready do, since I don't have a choice now do I? I don't believe it will prevent piracy, since there are a billion ways to achieve that I am sure. I hate Itunes player by the way, I used that in the past because also there I was forced to. I ended that in the end. I don't and will not ever use that again. Therefore it is an unfortunate comparisson, since the NED player as I said (until now) is not a bad player. My point is that it is again ANOTHER player. I love compatibility, it keeps things clear. I certainly will not install this NED player on my older (read: one win98se machine-old good working DAW) and lighter (read: very small laptop with limited resources) systems. I guess all I can do is praying that one day it gives a NED convertor, so I will be able to do that. Until that day I will be forced to limit to watching my movies on my modern systems...
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: