macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Scott
    Training on Creating Master Mixing of Finished Projects
    Perhaps at one point within the training in the Future; an area could be touched on is a half/hour lessons would be devoted to preparing a mix down of a project to disk. Meaning : using the steps suited for a master mix down for CD Commerial use. Maybe Martin or Steve could have a completed project - and what set-up and plug ins for finishing of a project - so that better results are/could be achieved? Also a discussion onr "Acoustic Jazz" production might be another topic - using Piano, Bass, Guitar,Horns and Precussion. Less emphasis on Electronic but more focus on the in/outs of professional music production with "Jazz as Focus".
  • jd
    Re: Training on Creating Master Mixing of Finished Projects
    I also would be interested in training on the art of mixing itself. I'm finding that I am picking up little mixing tips in the Logic 8 101, and Logic TNT training - but having training dedicated to what makes for a good mix - what someone new to mixing should be listening for and paying attention to - and how to mix down to a finished project - all with Logic - would be great.
  • nordictalker
    jd, GREAT idea. This would be one of those courses I would really spend a lot of money for. There are so many things in the mixdown process which require deep knowledge (compression, eq-ing, ...) for professional results.
  • Rasydye
    i would totally agree with this project dedicated to mixing, with focus of using logic, since it's a macprovideo. look forward to that cx
  • chris
    I would also look forward to seeing something of this nature.
  • Martin
    What genres of music are you guys interested in? FYI, we've been sourcing these tutorials for quite some time now, but it is very hard to find producers of sufficient reputation, quality, and skill not only in mixing, but also in teaching!! We've had several false starts so far ... The art of mixing is so genre dependent, that it is very hard to make one tutorial that covers all. So if you have any specific input regarding genres, it would help immensely!
  • Rasydye
    hi, martin, thanks for your considerate and thoughtful message and it will be a great thing if we could get more help on this direction. i'm from a classical background, so i'm more interested in in the field of orchesor. but i'm also very interested in other genres like rock, pop and electronic. i think if the mixing and mastering tutorial could be divided into several sections of different genres, it would be a good approach for people of different needs. thanks a lot and i believe many of us will appreciate so much if we could go further on this direction. i'm personally in the late stage of producing my album including all genres i mentioned, so i'm particularly hungry for it!!! best and hope to hear from you soon. cx
  • Scott
    One area I would like to be covered would be of course, Jazz Fusion/Progressive style(s). I do realize getting in some excellent players could be a challenge but who knows perhaps Macprovideo could put the word out. May just find that special piano player or styling Guitarist or that groove master bass player. I would come in if you want a good guitarist and at least try to fill in some good rhythms/leads if asked. Let us get together. Scott
  • Martin
    Hey Guys ... check it out: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/logic-pro-express&id=6029[/url] This is the first release in our new "Pro-Mixing Series." My hope is to get some of the biggest producers in their respective genres to show us how they mix their songs. The big issue with this series, is that techniques used for one genre won't necessarily transfer to other genres of music. (In fact, techniques used in one song often don't translate to other songs in the same genre, but that's a completely different issue ... :) ...). The truth is, the art of mixing takes time and practice, so this series is designed to remove some of that "time" process by showing techniques that seasoned producers have learned through the school of hard knocks, over the years. The first release is all about electronica, though we have some solid plans for jazz and live recording in the works. We hope to release a program in this new series every quarter ... finger's crossed!
  • Rasydye
    thanks for your great work, martin, and building the reputation of macprovideo carefully and seriously! look forward to more! cx
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: