macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Ka
    Re: Training on Creating Master Mixing of Finished Projects
    Oh man, what I'd give for just a basic to intensive mixing tut that covered mixing in general. I know mixing is genre specific (in which case I would like to see more of a standard rock/pop tut) but I would also think you could cover alot of ground just focusing on the basics of mixing. Looking forward to one...hopefully.
  • JeffT
    I agree with the calls for a rock/pop tutorial. Things like what to do with compression/EQ/reverb on individual drum tracks, vocal treatments and techniques, bass options, etc. It might entail doing several mixes of the same song, for example.... I loved Olav's electronica tutorial and I feel like I learned a lot from it. Some of it will translate over to rock songs, but it would still be lovely to have a pop/rock-specific video. Thanks, and keep up the amazing work!
  • Ka
    Yes, exactly, a mixing overview for vocals, guitar, bass, etc. would be great. Do you thing the electronica tut is worth it for someone like me that has little interest in electronica from a mixing standpoint?
  • Bj
    Hi Ka, From my POV there is no hesitating in saying YES to the Mixing Electronica Tutorial... Not only is it enjoyable ( whether you like this genre or not ), but there is plenty of useful information that applies to mixing across the board. And, of course, it's presented in the usual professional MPV way. Well worth it. Cheers, Bj
  • JeffT
    I agree. There's lots of basic mixing info here--using EQ and compressors, getting a good balance, etc. Well worth it! -Jeff
  • Lexixoa
    The Logic 404 tutorial is definitely a great addition to the series. Thank you, thank you, thank you! But I would like to echo the requests for a Rock oriented mixing/mastering tutorial. Keep up the great work y'all! peace.
  • Jason
    I would LOVE to see a mixing tutorial specific to live recording/rock. I produce a ton of film work pertaining to live indie rock. The video side is hard enough to manage workflow wise, constantly adjusting to the technology and final use of a project. I have been taking on the task of producing more and more large music festivals and i'm tired of changing audio workflows. I've done alot of mixing with Protools, and am not big on it. I've used sound track to mix and apply simple EQ and compression, and it is efficient but i'm am investigation logic. I would love to finally stay with a tool. Jason
  • Darren
    Hi there, I'd love to see how a funk, pop or rap song is arranged and mixed, and any particular rules that apply to those genres. Thanks Darren
  • Rafael
    Hey Guys, I loved Logic 404 Mixing Electronica. Very helpful and insightful. I tooo would like to add my vote for a Pop/Rock genre next....:)) Cheers, Raf
  • soundog
    Just found this thread after starting my own requesting a pop mixing tutorial. So, my vote for pop/alt rock ---- containing drums/bass/guitar/keys/vocals. Need in particular to know how to eq and compress bass and drums so they sit right in a track, how to make vocals stand out nicely. How to get good volume while preserving dynamics. AND if possible and if it wouldn't take too much away from the mix portion (which is priority #1): how to master your own stuff so it sounds good enuf for demos, but also how to prepare your mix to send it off to a mastering house when you really want pro distribution, etc.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: