macProVideo.com
Forums
  • VanDyck
    Mastering with Logic Studio.
    Hi, This suggestion came about from reading other requests here. Since we now have Logic Studio, what about a video series that goes from final mix in L8, premastering in STP, and CD prep in Waveburner. I haven't finished the basic videos yet so my apologies if any of these suggestions are redundant. A suggested flow could be something like: Logic 8. â?¢ How to use the Level meter, Multimeter, Correlation meter to make decisions about the final mix, in particular, how much headroom to leave for dynamics processing in the master phase. STP â?¢ Maybe have three songs (partial clips for demonstration) such as a rock tune, (I come from the age of vinyl and cassette tapes), a piece of electronica, and a ballad. Whatever. â?¢ Premastering trimming start/end of each of the above files, fade outs. â?¢ Using the Multimeter or Levels to compare the levels between the three songs, to determine RMS/ peak values for dynamic range (Crest factor. Not talking tooth paste here.) â?¢ Making a decision on how to achieve more consistent level between the tunes (Use of Gain plug, Mulitpressor, etc) â?¢ Ushing the Mulimeter Analyzer to decide whether to process amplitude bumps with EQ or Multipressor. Waveburner â?¢ CD prep. â?¢ Reason to use dynamic processors in STP vs Waveburner (Region plugins/Mix plugins.) Logic Studio gives us incredible options right out of the box. Cheers.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: