macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Byperue
    Effects: Compressors, Delays, Reverb, EQ, Gates, etc.
    You've got some of the major DAW platforms, but the best complement to those would be tutorials devoted to effects: compressor, EQ, reverb, delay, gate, distortion, exciters, filters. I'd want to see tutorials on not only what they do, but how to use them effectively, what to listen for in using them, tricks, tips, and neat things you can do with those effects. Every one of those DAW studios you have tutorials for has them, but it's a great, very deep area that sorely can use the MacProVideo treatment.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Effects: Compressors, Delays, Reverb, EQ, Gates, etc.
    Great idea Drew! Maybe an extension of the existing plugins unpugged would be good!
  • Byperue
    I'm thinking using 3rd party plug-ins for these tutorials because if you use Logic plug-ins, everybody will think this is a Logic tutorial, etc. However, by being DAW agnostic, it opens the audience up to everybody. To me, the most widely used third party plug-ins would be from Waves, PSP Audioware, Sonalksis, Camel Audio, the pitch correction plug-ins AutoTune and Melodyne, Nomad Factory, IK Multimedia, FabFilter, and Izotope.
  • GrantP
    Just found your suggested tut, Drew. I was going to suggest a similar tut, but specifically dealing with Universal Audio plug-ins. I found Logic 202: Logic's Plug-Ins: Unplugged very useful. But then in Logic 404: Mixing Electronica, Olav Basoski listed off the plug-ins he used, most of which were UA products (1176LN Limiter, LA2A compressor, Precision Mastering Limiter, Fairchild 670 compressor, Cambridge EQ, Neve 1073 EQ). That got me thinking about getting a UA Xpander and some of those plug-ins, which got me thinking it would be great to see a MacProVideo tut similar to Logic 202 but for UA plug-ins specifically (maybe even done by Mr. Basoski, since he already knows how to use the plug-ins and is obviously a capable instructor?). Anybody else into a UA-focused plug-ins tut?
  • TLS
    I think for now, it would be nice to see the "Logic 202: Logic's Plug-Ins: Unplugged" updated to Logic 8 including the delay designer and maybe get into "the effects subject" even more indepth as suggested in the above posts.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi TLS, Just to let you know that two 'Delay Designer' videos are included as part of the Logic 303 TNT 1 (May, Video 74 & 75) - about 13+ minutes in total. Cheers Rounik
  • TLS
    That's good to know. (about the delay designer videos) In fact I am ready to buy "Logic's Plug-Ins: Unplugged" but keeping myself from it as I would regret buying it now and see it updated to Logic 8 in X time. I'm sure many people are sharing the same buyers thoughts ... but now u got Logic 303 TNT 1 up on my wishlist :)
  • Rounik Admin
    Yes, I understand...the Logic's Plug-Ins: Unplugged is still great as the changes to the plug-ins from 7 to 8 have been mainly aesthetic... with some exceptions. Hmmm... the Logic 303: TNT 1 is phenomenal! The TNT 2 is shaping up to be every bit as good too. But, definitely the TNT1 is a good choice to consider! Take care, Rounik
  • Byperue
    Rounik: Please stop steering this thread to selling TNT 1 and 2, when they cover plug-ins only to a small degree. I have them both, but that's not what is being asked. MacVideo is being asked to upgrade the Logic 202 plug-ins tutorial to Logic 8. Thank you. Drew
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Drew, Very sorry to offend. I understand that it may seem TLS and I were going off topic when discussing TNT1 & TNT2. My intention was to inform TLS of what is available. I have no information here of who has which tutorial, so I was trying to inform anyone that reads this thread where they can find Delay Designer tutorials etc... I completely agree that a Logic 202 plug-ins unplugged for Logic 8 would be a great addition to the MacProvideo tutorial range. Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: