macProVideo.com
Forums
  • soundog
    Mixing and Mastering in Logic 8
    I have learned a lot from TNT, plug-ins, and Mastering Logic 8. However, I would really like to see a dedicated course on mixing and mastering a typical rock/pop recording with typical bass, drums, vocals, keyboards. The electronica one looks terrific, but something more aligned with mainstream hit music would be awesome. The course would take up after tracks have been recorded, and cover buses, sends, plug-ins for mixing and mastering, good focus on eq, limiting, compression, and getting maximum sound. Also would ideally cover getting mixes ready to send OUT to mastering houses in addition to mastering yourself in Logic, since many of us would prefer to do the mixing and then entrust mastering to pro houses. Pretty please?????
  • epistrophy
    Re: Mixing and Mastering in Logic 8
    I would like to see that too... a very specific beginner's course. Rock/Pop, but also R & B... maybe even jazz... what are the things to listen for depending on the type/style of music? How do you fix or enhance in the mix and what plug-ins do you use? Old School versus modern sounds, etc... Take a bass sound for instance, and show how you can go for certain sounds we've all heard before - how it's done... what plug-in you'd use, etc... Thanks!
  • soundog
    Re: Mixing and Mastering in Logic 8
    Sorry - this post is redundant. Please see the post "Training on Creating Master Mixing" below for much info on this topic and request. Administrator, feel free to delete this thread. Thx!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: