macProVideo.com
Forums
  • AbbeyRhodes
    Advanced Sound Design tutorial
    I think it'd be great for macprovideo to do a tutorial on advanced sound design perhaps using some popular third party synths like absynth/albino/cameleon/etc. eg how to create massive evolving textures or ways of using lfos/envelopes that you wouldn't normally think about. I know there's already a guide to Absynth available from NI and some other companies have guides, but it would be nice to get a tutorial which really focusses on the art of sound design rather than just how to use a specific synth. I also really like the teaching styles of Martin and Steve H (and Olav and David Isaac). I realise that this tutorial would depend on users actually owning 3rd party synths, but it would also be a good guide for people who are interested in getting more into sound design and want to get an expert opinion on which synths to invest in out of the thousands available. I'm comfortable using all of the features of ES2 and have got some amazing sounds, but i just also just bought absynth 4 and although i know what it's capable of based on the presets, i know i'm not even scratching the surface when i try to design a sound using it. What does everyone else think?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Advanced Sound Design tutorial
    Hey Fusili That sounds like a great idea - perhaps fusing some popular 3rd party synths with features in Logic etc to bring out the best of both worlds. BTW, I'm moving this to thread to the "suggested training" sub forum. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: