macProVideo.com
Forums
  • ike
    minimal rules
    Hi to everyone. By rule i make dance music and the mixing electronica tutoriaI didn't help me so much maybe cuz i all ready know some of that stuff. I believe that Minimal has the best techniques and what is missing to complexity it compensates it to deep producing techniques and it would be great if you make a minimal tutorial with more deep into producing stuff. I love your videos but give some more.I pay for these tutorials just to know how side chain a compressor ? I didn't say that compression is not important but even the explain in the tutorial didn't seem very helpful. Just a guy mixing his track which sounds way back in the past and make some adjustments to it.Yes but any sound its unique. I need to know how to use compression on any sound not how to use comp is this tutorial song. There are people who just copy paste the adjustments of the tutorial to their own songs and this not seems to understand the use of compression. The arrangement was way 2 boring with no excitement and just one video . I understand that was a quick track just for the show but why do i have to pay for something made quick and totally old fashion ? What about you to to call some now day producers with really crazy tracks and arrangements with the sound of now like Booka Shade-Luciano-Richardo Villalobos-Dubfire etc.. to share some techniques.i know that is hard to call this producers to make tutorials but @ least maybe some producer that is in the sound of now. Producing techniques is like fashion and now days all the hot producers use pretty much the same things for their dance tracks. I just want to know the now days tips for making music with the sound of now Thanx for your time and excuse my English
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: minimal rules
    Hi Ike, Thanks for the feedback! Although some of your post is focused on feedback for the Electronica 404 tutorial, I'd like to move it to the "Suggested Training" sub forum as I think your suggestions for future training by artists such as Dubfire and Villalobos will be well noted there. Thanks! Rounik
  • DeFiNe CrAzY
    Hey Rounik I am with you on Techno producers. I would add Stephan Bodzin as well as Davis and May to this list. They use Logic :)
  • rigger
    Hi Guy's Totally agree i would also like to see a tutorial on modern day dance music production techniches.
  • Pofumai
    I agree.....also, as I have seen in another thread here, what I'd like to see is a tutorial which includes the source project...."anatomy of a track" style. Ask an artist to produce a track with no 3rd party plug-ins, either in Logic or in Live so you can go in and actually deconstruct the processes used to get the sound at the same time as following the tutorial. This to me would be by far the quickest way to learn....and if any 3rd party plugs are used just render that track to audio in the project file but have the process described in the tutorial. Believe me, this sort of approach would have your tutorials flying out the door. Now, do you have Trentemoller's contact details?...........
  • Q
    all worthy comments but whether or not MPV picks this up depends whether they see themselves a a school for sound engineers or purely a training centre for s/w. Important difference. Christian, Martin - what's your view on this? (sorry to hear about your break-in - glad that no one was hurt).
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: