macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Soundtrack Pro Training
    Soundtrack Pro Advanced or Advanced Audio Tutorial
    I watched the entire Soundtrack Pro tutorial and it was interesting but most of it was stuff I knew and was looking for something more in depth about actually fixing audio and feel with your method of teaching I could learn from it if you talked more about the filters available and how you can use them to fix audio. Maybe talk about performing better ADR and making it sound better. Making voices and noises sound more like a professional film with the use of Soundtrack and it's features and filters.
  • Soundtrack Pro Training
    Re: Soundtrack Pro Advanced or Advanced Audio Tutorial
    also, it'd be nice to talk some about the surround sound mixing in Sountrack Pro 2 which is a big new feature. I understand how to do a lot of the stuff with Soundtrack but just don't know what to do with it to make it work best for my audio. Like I can mix in surround but not sure what I am really suppose to do, what to mix where and so on. The noise reduction was nice but maybe some more options like using a low cut to fix some audio problems or if there is anyway to fix audio up after having removed noise. Thanks. I really like your tutoring style and feel it is great! jut wish I could use it to learn more!!
  • mirek
    entire sections for post sound for film were glossed over or not there at all.., the HUD for spotting, a fantastic function but never even mentioned. noise reduction was nice but not too indepth but still useful. all effects were glossed over., compressor?? gate?? limiter?? nothing much about mastering except use your ear?? is a great tut but certainly a 101 tut and film seems to have been excluded with music taking its place., poblem is the app is called 'SOUNDtrack,' not 'musictrack.'
  • Xunoney
    I liked the 101 tutorial but I can see it's been months (or longer?) since that was produced and there's a wealth of stuff not covered in that. You need to get more advanced tutorials out the door faster whether it's 102 or 201. You should have an entire tutorial devoted to working with video (ADR, Foley, etc as others note). Speed changes for 30 second spots for example. Conform is another example. More advanced use of the DSP filters for sound cleanup as well as FX work. Certainly you can do another entire tutorial on music creation too. With NED you have a system when you don't have to deliver all the above at once. You can certainly issue additional lessons to people who've bought lessons. You can certainly release things more modularly if needed. It almost seems you've come up with a great thing with NED and you're not taking advantage of it. Please do come out with SoundTrack Pro for Video Advanced and SoundTrack Pro for Music composition as well. I don't want to wait 6 months. By then you may well be looking at Final Cut Studio 3. Heck it's 4 months since the original post and I suspect that was months after the STP2 tutorial was released. Your tutorials are GREAT. Your turnaround time is too slow though IMHO.
  • Xunoney
    Just took a look around at the reviews and it's been well over a year since 101 STP2 was released. Sorry but this is WAY TOO LONG to not do advanced features. It doesn't even look like you have another in production. At least you could do periodic small add ons with NED. I love the tutorial but I'm disappointed with the lack of expansion.
  • mirek
    i suspect with the amount of sales pitches i have recieved via my maail from here that you are closing shop. i also expect this is because of lack of sales due to advanced tuts not being made.., and such a pity for your great site.., maybe one has to be directly affiliated with apple to find the expertise needed for advanced tuts?? whatever the reason.., i believe your great little system (big system( has suffered due to the slow reaction time in getting these advanced tuts out. there really is a great need for advanced tuts.., the basics can be found intuitively for anyone using sound gear for more than 6 months or by reading the manual that comes with the app.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi mirek, Firstly, I cannot talk about future tutorials or tutorials in production... But from my personal perspective I'm aware that producing good tutorials does take time. Also, the first paragraph of your post is not accurate! Such assumptions aren't helpful IMHO. Take a look at the Trainers page to see the expertise of who is on board: http://www.macprovideo.com/trainer/all All the posts here in "Suggested Training" forum are read and taken into consideration. Thanks Rounik
  • Xunoney
    Hi Rounik, You've got a wealth of Logic tutorials. MacProVideo does list what's in production (whether there are other things one doesn't know). Given the NED system one can certainly update tutorials as well as sell smaller add on sections for those who've already purchased a tutorial so one doesn't have to complete hours more at once. In the case of SoundTrackPro 2, it's been out for more than year and there are important supplements missing. While you do list in great detail all the chapter headers in a tutorial set, so the user is well informed about what's there. The user may also anticipate an update in some amount of time. Certainly what's "reasonable" is subjective. Rather then consider the specifics of mirek's comments you should consider the sentiment. It's been nearly 3 months since mirek's previous post and he's still not heard anything about STP2 additions. It's been over a year since STP2 tutorials came out and still no word about additions. For those who've purchased tutorials you can certainly release add ons piecemeal. You do great stuff. Some of your 101 BADLY need 102s. Sept 2007 to Dec 2008 (and nothing obvious on the horizon) is a VERY LONG time for SoundTrackPro. When I see that I don't hold out much hope for seeing a tutorial on Optical Flow in Motion in the near future either. Please listen to the sentiment. It'll be more money in your pocket if you do.
  • mirek
    mate i was trying to be understanding?? i have no idea how these things work.., very sorry to have offended but that seems to be all im capable on the internet?? things are taken the wrong way.., my point is you can not have advanced tuts unless there are people who can do it.., and for all i know those people are the people who made the app.., thats all i meant. im getting pretty sick of the misunderstandings the internet provides my self.., and am constantly copping flack due to my words being completely taken out of context or simply the replies being focused on one sentence. i mean..,STP past 101 is pretty full on.., so where do you go and i didnt think to lok at who you have on board?? one would ask them.., seeing as there have ben so many requests for STP advanced for so long why you havent done one. the first sentence.., well thats just how it appeared to me.., maybe it was meant with the best intentions.., which it was. its just you have been so quiet to customers requests. take all this as you will, but it is meant in the best possible way.., im finding it harder and harder to speak my mind as we get more and more into the millennium. much apologies, sincerely!! as for logic.., i use cubase. and its true, there ae great logic tuts here.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi mirek, That's fine. No offense was taken. I simply said I didn't think (from a personal perspective) that the first paragraph was accurate or helpful. Maybe i should have used the words appropriate or relevant? Anyway, the link to the trainers was just so you could explore the quality of trainer that are involved at macProVideo and in many cases their links to Apple ;-) By the way, I'd also love to see a STP2 201 tutorial. I'm not involved in tutorial production etc, but I can tell you that we tend not to talk directly about future tutorials. There are many reasons for this... Please bear in mind that we've been especially busy here recently releasing many new tutorials and a new site: [url]http://www.designprovideo.com/[/url] & NED 3 too! I have done a quick search and only found 5 individual requests for an STP2 201 tutorial over the last year in the Suggested Training forum... The more requests in this thread the better! Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: