macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Xapuley
    Unix Terminal, Applescript, Xcode...
    I know this is a little outside of the tutorials you guys normally do, and the market potential is undoubtedly a bit smaller... But I'd really like to see you guys do a video series that gets more into the heart of the Mac, beginning with the terminal and applescript. A move into Xcode and Cocoa would be great, too. Yes, the market is more limited. But there's really not much good stuff out there right now (I've looked extensively). And the rising popularity of the Mac platform is further enticing developers to explore things. And I think that there are probably a large number of professionals who work with FC and Logic that would like to get a little more deeply into things. If you guys could put together a series that went something like this, I'd pay good money for it: 1) the architecture of the mac 2) the terminal 3) script writing 4) fundamentals of C, writing basic C programs in an editor in the terminal, compiling them and running them 5) applescript 6) beginner's intro to Cocoa development Basically a set of materials that would prepare people to then make a lot more sense out of all of Apple's stuff on the developer website. I realize it's a tall order. I realize it's a lot of material. And I realize that this market might not be as big as the market for people who want to learn Final Cut or Logic. On the other hand, it's also a market with little competition, a market which is only likely to grow and expand, and it's a market for which many people (including myself) would gladly throw much more $ than I will for courses on Logic.
  • Sodypaa
    Re: Unix Terminal, Applescript, Xcode...
    second that.
    Re: Unix Terminal, Applescript, Xcode...
    me too
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: