macProVideo.com
Forums
  • wlefevre@mac.com
    Tie it all together?
    Personally, I'd like to see some tutorials on networks and the Mac. A lot of the tools that are already on this site take advantage of networked computers. Yet, I don't see a lot of tutorials out in the wild about how to set up your own network. Lynda has a *couple* of tutorials about OS X Server software, but what about creating the network itself? What about those that want to take advantage of a network environment for the media apps, but aren't IT pros? There's a few books on Windows Home server, but even google-ing about a home or small business network for the Mac just talks about how to turn file serving on. I'd really like Apple to put out a home server. I like HP's home server and what it does for Windows. So, in conclusion, how about a tutorial on how to create a home/home studio network? (Or, if not, does anyone have any suggestions short of hooking up a Time Capsule and a Drobo?) Thanks.
  • wlefevre@mac.com
    Re: Tie it all together?
    No one? Nothing? Good or Bad Idea? How about maybe a suggestion on where to find something like this then...
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Tie it all together?
    Hi MacFevre & welcome to the macProVideo forums :-) Thanks for your suggestion, it's much appreciated! Rest assured all suggestions in this sub-forum are noted. :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: