macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Audio mastering for video in STP
    How to use Soundtrack Pro with FCP
    I have to say I'm rather disappointed with the Soundtrack Pro 101: Core Sountrack Pro 2 tutorial. It does not cover how to properly use STP for video scoring/audio editing, which is eluded to multiple times in part 1 of your current STP Tutorials. It ends with no overview or closure. As a matter of fact, it just ends like it is mid-lesson. I got on the site and looked to make sure I didn't miss part of the download, because I was so surprised with how it ended. It never covers the round-trip between FCP and STP, or the best way to mix down your audio from FCP, which is probably the most [i]important[/i] feature of the program. I'd like to see something that discusses the features of the filters, and the proper way to use them; proper EQ, Compression, and Limit settings. And the proper way to work with a fully edited video that has been sent to STP for final audio tweaking, and mixing. Also, there needs to be a section that deals with how to use busses and sub-mixes. That is a major part of STP
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: