macProVideo.com
Forums
  • coFane
    Studio Recording techniques
    Based on Martin's recent blog, MPV will be venturing into instrument and vocal recording techniques. I couldn't be happier! Some suggestions: ACOUSTIC GUITAR) everything about the do's and don'ts when recording acoustic guitar. Also, the pro's and cons of recording in MONO and STEREO, what are good approaches to both and what are some good mics and mic placement techniques. Also, any common techniques used to make an acoustic guitar recording really sparkle (ie recording multiple takes of the same strumming pattern and panning them opposite--or whatever the case may be). VOCALS) Basically all the common techniques, practices and options when recording vocals (ie. how many passes of the same vocal line should you record and combine in a mix? what are the different techniques and results of combining voices in different ways? How can you create distant background ooos and ahhhs? Should you record multiple takes and combine them to create natural chorusing? anyway, I know I'm rambling but I'm just really looking forward to your future content and I'm anxious to master Vocal and Acoustic recording. Thanks!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Studio Recording techniques
    Thanks for the suggestions! There are exciting times ahead with macProVideo! :) Rounik
  • Worumye
    Re: Studio Recording techniques
    Would like to see how to get good electric guitar mix recording directly into Logic (i.e. no amp). MIDI instruments seem to have very good stereo imaging - how to get the same from electric?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: