macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Tozyboy
    Any Plans for a Cubase 201 (advanced topics) ?
    Hi, Cubase 5- 101 tutorials cover a lot of basic operational topics, but it does not cover more advanced topics, such as audio editing in Cubase 5 (time warping, audio-warping, ..and other advanced topics). It also does not go into scoring for video topics. A Cubase 201 (Advanced Tutorial) would be very cool, and helpful in the future. Does MPV have any plans for a Cubase 5 (201) tutorial release ? Thanks.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Any Plans for a Cubase 201 (ad...
    hmmm good idea... So what topics would you like to see covered? - audio warping - scoring for video Any others? :) Rounik
  • Tozyboy
    Hi Rounik, I would like to Thank MPV, and Matthew Hepworth, for making the Cubase 5 (101) tutorials, they are fantastic ! (even though I had to listen to his famous '4 Chord' masterpiece ;-) . Matthew's Cubase 5 (101) tutorials are very well done, just the right pace, clear explanations, and repeating some of his concepts, and key commands as he goes through the various tutorials, in a systematic fashion, helped me a lot in learning, and remembering many of the workflow techniques, and key commands, with ease. I highly recommend the MPV Cubase 5 (101). Regarding Cubase 5 (201) topics, well here are some of the Cubase 5 tutorial topics that would be very useful to include in the next more advanced Cubase 5 (201) MPV tutorial series : * Scoring for Video related editing techniques with Cubase 5. i.e. fitting music to video (time), i.e. using the 'time warp' tool, etc. * Using The 'Logical Editor', and the 'Project Logic Editor in Cubase 5. * Using 'Tap Tempo' to create a tempo map for existing songs, or tracks, that have a dynamically changing tempo. * Advanced Audio Editing both on the arrange page, and when using the (sample editor, i.e. hitpoint, Q-Points, audio warp, time warp, time stretching audio, musical mode, linear mode, ..etc), when to use these various editing options, with related examples showing various editing features, and some audio editing scenarios using these audio editing tools. * Applying effects to audio events, i.e. (detect silence, using the 'offline process history' feature, * Creating, and using some useful Macros in Cubase 5, to speed up workflow/productivity. * Creative use of 'Loopmash' to manipulate loops, * 'Groove Agent One' advanced/creative techniques. * Tips and Tricks to help speed up workflow, or help in dealing with certain editing scenarios of both midi and audio. * Use of some of the new features that will be availavble in the next Cubase 5.5 update. * An in-depth look into quantizing audio in Cubase 5. (Hit points, Q-Points, Real-Time processing of audio, flattening audio, slicing audio to apply/change the groove, 'free warp tool', ...etc. * Creative use of the Cubase 5 effects plug-ins, including side-chainging, parallel compression, and other interesting ways to use VST effects plug-ins. * Advanced midi editing topics, (i.e. speeding up workflow in the key editor, and drum editor, using drum maps, ..etc.), using Cubase 5 'midi plug-ins', midi groove quantizing, humanizing midi performances, extracting a groove form an audio performance, and applying it to a midi track/s, * Using the project 'POOL', and 'Media Bay' to find, and organize/manage Cubase 5 related data, creating user presets, ..etc. * Some useful Cubase 5 preference settings that help improve editing/workflow. * Using folder tracks to help organize, and manage large sessions, and any other creative use of folder tracks. * Mixing your project in Cubase 5, tips on mixing, and routing your audio. * Creative use of the advanced pitch editing tools in Cubase 5, such as VariAudio, and the 'Pitch Correct' VST plug-in. * Off-line Audio Processing techniques/editing in Cubase 5. For both fixing audio issue, and creative audio processing tips. * 'Automation' in depth. (both midi and audio). * Using Cubase 5's effects plug-ins creatively to enhance the mix. * Using Cubase 5's VST instruments creatively, and other sound design related topics. * Any other tutorials that Matthew thinks would be very useful to include. I look forward to enjoy the next Cubase 5 advanced(201) tutorials. Cheers.
  • Tozyboy
    Any expected release date for the advanced Cubase 5 tutorials (Cubase 5 201-tutorials ?) I'm guessing they are currently in development. Hope they are not too far away. Thanks.
  • Skye
    Matthew Hepworth has a new Cubase tutorial in the works. It should be available in early June but I don't have any details on the contents yet.
  • Tozyboy
    That's Great news. Looking forward to more Cubase 5 tutorials from Matthew Hepworth. Especially more advanced tutorials. Thanks for the feedback.
  • Fijumoy
    Yep, I'm buyin' it!
  • Govepue
    Could we have a tutorial on using the chorder feature in cubase 5 as there isn't much about it in the manual and would be very helpful for creating chords progressions. Thanks.
  • Tozyboy
    Just saw the new 'Mastering in Cubase' tutorial previews. This is surely a very valuable tutorial for mastering in Cubase. But ... What about the 'Advanced Cubase 5' tutorials ? Will they be released soon as well ? or are we in for a long wait until we see an 'Advanced Cubase 5' tutorial series ? Any feedback from MPV on this ? I would have expected the 'Mastering in Cubase' tutorials to be released after the 'Advanced Cubase 5' tutorials, rather than before. Just makes sense to me. Thanks.
  • Tozyboy
    What's the status of the Advanced Cubase 5 tutorials ? Any hope of seeing this release in the near future ? I hope it has not been canceled. Thanks.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: