macProVideo.com
Forums
  • coFane
    Capturing audio and what to capture?
    I'd love to see a tutorial focusing on audio recording techniques. Specifically for the big 3: Vocals, Acoustic guitar and Electric guitar. Also, I'd love to know "what" to record. I can write a good acoustic guitar and vocal song but what do I do from there? Do I record one guitar pass and pan it center? Do I record 2 guitar passes that are the same pattern but pan both hard right or left? Do I make one pattern slightly different? why? What are the common practices to make these things sparkle? With vocals, the same: How many times should I record a vocal melody line? what should I do with them? Is it common practise to always have the vocalist sing and octave higher or lower? What are whisper tracks and how do they work in a mix? I think you get the picture. I would be floored if you guys would do this! I've even created a name for the tutorial... "how to record audio, and what audio to record" I officially give you the rights to that name ;)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: