macProVideo.com
Forums
  • coFane
    EQ & Compression
    I've seen all the tutorials that deal with mixing and I've loved them. In them, Basoski, David Isaac, Nigel Broad, Chris Potter etc... have all talked extensively about little EQ and Compression adjustments they'll make here and there when mixing. It's very helpful but I feel like the actual theory behind the EQ and Compression adjustments they're making isn't discussed. They'll say things like "I like to boost the mids on the hi-hats" I'd love a tutorial that simply breaks down what EQ actually does at different frequencies to different sounds and why. Also, the same thing with compression. Right now when I mix, I just try a ton of stuff and I'll eventually get a sound that is okay but I'm kind of reaching through the darkness. I would probably save 5 hrs each mix if I actually understood what the main different frequency zones were and what they are known to do and what common practise is. Same with Compression and multi-band compression.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: