macProVideo.com
Forums
  • coFane
    Quicktime PRO tutorial
    I own 30 MacProVideo titles and I love them. In several tutorials Quicktime Pro has been mentioned (Logic toolbox for picture, Snow leapard tuts, iMovie tut etc etc...). For composers/ video editors like me it's invaluable to have a firm understanding of Quicktime Pro. For example: I use iMovie and I want to have multiple picture in pictures at one time (imovie doesn't allow this), however, via quicktime pro a person could make that happen... I'd just really like to know how. Thanks guys!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Quicktime PRO tutorial
    Hey CoFane, A Quicktime Pro tutorial would be interesting. How do you envisage using QTP to create multiple picture in picture in one movie? I'm interested... (we could continue this discussion in the iMovie forum if you like) Cheers Rounik
  • coFane
    Rounik, you're the man! You can shoot this thread to whatever forum you like :) Here's a post someone made in the iMovie (Apple) forum on the subject: QuickTime Player Pro allows you to create .mov files that can have up to 99 "tracks" (audio, video and text). QuickTime .mov files can have any dimension you want to there is no limit (except display size). http://homepage.mac.com/kkirkster/03war/ one of my files as an example. I think you (Rounik) could do an excellent tutorial on QTP. It could even be one of those short tutorials ("Address Book" and "DVD Player" type tutorials). Either way, I think it could be a cool project for you since I'm sure you are an animal with QTP!
  • ELITEISV
    wait is that not they use to make their tutorials so why would want to teach to people to do same thing,So that start own tutorial site? I'm jesting but i was the thought that poped into my mind.
  • Rounik Admin
    Ha! Well I do love Quick Time Pro... There is lots you can do with it and the quote above is true... You can also mask a video... So it doesn't play within the standard rectangle... Hmmmm... Btw, the videos here at macprovideo aren't strictly made in Quicktime Pro... As much as QTP is a essentially iMovie without the database and some extra effects. Back to the question... Although setting up multiple PiP in QTP is quite painless, it is rather numerical... You might find that Final Cut Express gives you much more flexibility and ability to edit the different video tracks. :) Rounik
  • Skye
    I believe Martin is quite the QTP guru. He knows a lot of hidden tricks and tips.
  • Rounik Admin
    Of course! Martin is the QTP genius! I'm a closet QTP fan... and might do some blog tips on multiple PiP in QTP in the near future...
  • Martin
    Ha ha ... thanks guys. Yeah, I wrote the first book on interactive quicktime authoring way back in 2001 ... I've always been a big fan of QT and actually our whole business is designed around it. There's so much it can do that almost nobody knows about ... lots of little secrets. But as for a tutorial, I'd have to pass this to my QTP mentor and the man that taught me a lot of what I know, Francesco Schiavon ... that is the true QTP guru ... I'll see if Francesco is available for this ... :)
  • Dekuruy
    Hi All! Just adding my vote for a QTP tutorial. I don't know anything about 'secrets' or hidden features, and I'd love to learn. And coFane, I got to view your video linked to above, and I just have to say thank you! One of the most touching and emotional experiences of my life was when I visited the Vietnam War Memorial in Washington, D.C. The 'end credits' of your video were very reminiscent of that experience, and a testament to any and every possible alternative to war. The music used in your piece provided just the right emotional effect as well. Thanks, Adam
  • coFane
    @agagag- I'm glad you liked the video. I must admit though that it's not mine :) It's just a link to another guy's website. @Martin- I think Fransesco is awesome! I've seen his iMovie and OSX tutorials. I think a QTP tutorial would be awesome! I rarely ever use QTP simply because I don't really know anything about it. I'm sure if I knew more about it I could use it quite a bit in my video work. I look forward to any developments with it!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: