macProVideo.com
Forums
  • zazzy
    how about a tutorial request voting system?
    something a la reddit? someone posts a tutorial request, and forum users can upvote it? that would be awesome... could help you guys prioritize your tutorials based on popularity/demand
  • Skye
    Re: how about a tutorial request v...
    Yup. We've talked about this before but we can never find the time to revamp the forum and finish all the features we want for it =( Sometime soon I hope.
  • zazzy
    edit: i made a bunch of changes to my original post, please re-read. why not just have it on the front page of your site? Throw up some sort of form that'll collect 'tutorial request ideas.' Run that for about a couple of weeks, then sift through the data, clean it up. When you've got all your responses, throw them up on the front page again, instead of as a poll based on people's submissions, and then run the poll and see where the popularity is. You could probably detect demand based on the qty of tutorial requests submitted through the form, but when people see a list of options in front of them, they tend to vote with what they see, vs. what they might type in. out of all your users, how many actually hit the forums to talk? i'm not going to make any concrete assumptions, but I'd bet there are not as many forum goers compared to how many subscribe to your service. so is revamping your forum critical, or generating more revenue that'll allow you to hire more people to revamp your forum??? :) need some market research?? hire me!!! ;)
  • Skye
    I like it. Our forum base is definitely much smaller than our actual base. I'll pitch the idea and see where it goes. Thanks zazzy.
  • zazzy
    awesome! definitely do that, because you'll get more value for your money and time investment! also, think about a 'gifting' tutorials option... holiday season is comin up! i'd love to give a friend of mine some tutorials. it would be a great way for you to create new users. again, wanna hire me? ;)
  • Skye
    hehe. keep coming with the ideas and we may =) Gifting has been on our list for a while.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Zazzy, Great suggestions. I'm also a fan of a poll/voting here on the forums - not just for suggested training. :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: