macProVideo.com
Forums
  • kiwicomposer
    Outboard Gear & Logic (and even Protools etc) etc
    Hi. One area that I would like to see some tutorials is using outboard gear wih Logic. Both the basic primer for the Newbee and Tip 'n' Tricks for the more advanced. We all have some sort of outbopard gear be it an EQ, compressor or other more elaboruate stuff. It would be good to get a clear understanding of how to get that to work BEST in Logic. Yes I know there are so many options and it could be a biggish subject but really it is a primer or generic tut and Tips N Tricks that is needed. Now that may be somewhere in other titorials that I don't have but I don't recall seeing it anywhere...
  • Cucemya
    Re: Outboard Gear & Logic (and even Protools etc) ...
    I'd love to see that set up. I'd like to use my pedal board as an outboard device but have no idea how to connect it. The pedal board is stereo and I'm almost positive the persons audio box isn't equipped to handle this kind of set up. Anyone with suggestions on how to do this is greatly appreciated. Of course, with this thread being over 2 years old, and mine being the first response, I might have to look elsewhere.
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Outboard Gear & Logic (and even Protools etc) ...
    This is possible. Do you want to process audio files already in Logic through your external effects (pedalboard)? What effects/devices do you use in your pedal board? And do any of them have stereo outputs or only mono? And what order have you chained the devices? You are a bit limited in outputs on your device for this to work. I would suggest at looking in setting up an aggregate device (with our Audiobox and the Built-in audio device on your Mac). This will give you more output options. Check this article on how to setup an aggregate device: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/mac-osx/aggregating-audio-devices-mac-os-x[/url] Let me know on your setup and I can give you further advice.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: