macProVideo.com
Forums
  • kiwicomposer
    Logic Pro - Monitoring Setup
    I would be interested in seeing SteveH do a TNT or whatever tut on setting up monitoring routing in Logic. i.e. Say you have a band comprising of the following 1 Lead Vocal 3 Backing Vocals 1 Lead Guitar 1 Rhythm Guitar 1 Bass Guitar 1 Drummer 1 Keyboard/Synth player Each needs their out headphone output for recording Maybe - the Drummer needs click track and say lead vocals - Lead Vocals needs keyboard and lead guitar and drummer - Backing Vocals needs Keyboard, Lead Vocals and drummer - Bass needs Drummer and maybe vocals - Lead Guitar, Rhythm Guitar, Keyboard needs lead vocals, bass and drums. And obviously maybe a headphone (switch) option for the engineer to check each output as well as a everything combined one (over and above the main monitor out and obviously the 2-Bus... I don't see that anywhere.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Logic Pro - Monitoring Setup
    Hi Kiwicomposer, I wish I'd known a couple of weeks back... ;-) However, you might like to check out: "Creating Headphone Mixes" (Logic 303 TNT2 - Video 28 by Jonathan Perl) [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logic9303tnt2[/url] Hope that helps :) Rounik
  • kiwicomposer
    Well no time like the present!! LOL I thought it was a good subject to do a tut on as I am sure everyone would like to learn the best way and maybe a few clever Tips N Tricks. Will check the older TNT.. Thanks for the hint. Steve
  • Rounik Admin
    Ha! I wish I'd known earlier because I just finished up recording a cameo for this month's TNT3 on a more tricky subject. Had I known your request... well, I would've considered doing this instead. But, I think the Jonathan Perl tutorial covers all the bases IMHO. Cheers for the suggestion and if you feel there's more scope for a Monitoring setup tutorial we could even cover it on the macProVideo Blog/Hub in the future: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/blog/[/url] :-) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: