macProVideo.com
Forums
  • bjsilvergold
    Absynth 5 Wobble bass for Drum& Bass / Dubstep Producer
    I really enjoyed it this tutorial. As it has been said, the Absolute Absynth tutorial is the only one of its kind on this planet right now Here is the problem though, as a drum and bass / Dub step/ Modern pop producer, I find it impossible to use to LFO to modulate the LFO rate to create the popular wobble bass effect commonly use in Dubstep/ Drum&Bass production. I will really appreciate if someone can stand up for help on this issue please Thanks in anticipation.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Absynth 5 Wobble bass for Drum& Bass / Dubstep Producer
    Hi, Glad to hear it :) Although not for Absynth, this wobble/Dub step bass tip on The MPV Hub in Massive might help give you some ideas: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/native-instruments/create-dubstep-wobble-with-massive-by-native-instruments[/url] :)
  • GaryHiebner
    Hi bjsilvergold, Absynth is a great sound sculpturing plugin, but it doesnt allow you to create dubstep wobbles as easily and fluidly as it does in Logic's ES2 and NI's Massive. I found you can assign the LFO Rate under the LFO tab to a controller and then manipulate the controller under the Perform tab. But you cannot get great results like you do in Massive. I would suggest moving onto Massive for your Dubstep productions. It really is a great Bass plugin which caters specifically for this genre.
  • bjsilvergold
    Thank a lot Gary. I will start searching Youtube for tutorials on Massive. I hope there will be an in depth tutorial on Massive by MacPro soon Lastly, thanks to everyone that have taking time to answer to this treat. If anyone come across a trick while messing around with Absynth 5, kindly leave us a wobble message thanks
  • GaryHiebner
    Massive is definitely the way to go for dubstep productions. It seems to have all the right sounds to cater for the genre. Also holding thumbs for a Massive tut. It seems like you can go quite deep into the plugin with all its modulation and routing. You can check my tuts on creating dubstep wobbles: Here with Massive http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/native-instruments/create-dubstep-wobble-with-massive-by-native-instruments And here with Logic's ES2: http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/logic-pro/creating-dubstep-wobblestyle-bass-lines-logic
  • bjsilvergold
    Wow.. Very informative tutorials Gary. Thanks alot
  • Couny
    Silver if you ended up picking up Massive and need any fresh ideas let me know, its a synth that can lead to great sounds and I have a massive collection of patches I have created and would be glad to share some to help in your creative flexability. The tutorials these guys put up are excellent, but sometimes its great to just collaberate with others to spark fresh ideas as well.
  • GaryHiebner
    Hi M. Couny. Would love to test out your Massive patches if you willing to share. Maybe send us a link and we can test them out. You never know maybe other users here will start sharing their patches as well. Always a great way to start a collaborating with sharing of synths patches. Cheers.
  • Couny
    Gary, What do you reccomend for file sharing over the net. I have not had the need for it before so not sure of any good free ones. I wanted to post for you and others a few of my massive patches.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi M. Couny, I've personally used www.sendspace.com and www.sendit.com and Box.com. I'd certainly recommend the later :) Cheers R
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: