macProVideo.com
Forums
  • gjm
    Different style of tutorials needed IMHO
    Perhaps its just the way I learn things... but when I did my apprenticeship to train for my trade, I wasn't given a tour of the workshop and a demonstration of every single chisel, knife, hammer, level, screw driver, sharpening stone, broom, square, plane, sander, roll of sandpaper, power tool, extension cable, vice, pliers, crow bar, shears, clamp etc and then left to decide what I wanted to do and when and where to use these things... What happened was I was given a small project to work through and shown how to apply a [i]small selection[/i] of the vast amount of tools available. This allowed me to build small skill sets that I could add to as time went on. Beginners usually buy tutorials because they already have something in mind that they want to do. For instance, I want to make a simple avatar for a forum, some iTunes art, a banner style header image for a website, design my business card, create great looking product images, create and apply a custom watermark and a bunch of other things that must be universally common needs for people DIYing images for their websites and general business needs. I bought Photoshop and the PS tutorial. I now know a lot about PS's capabilities but have NO-CLUE-WHERE-TO-START. I have no idea about work flow either. Maybe the designers of the content of your video's should poll your experts who have real life day to day experience and ask them what their most common projects are. There must be a top 10 set of common things for someone making images for a website or business stationary and branding or releasing music or presenting product images or creating an ebook or making a product display poster etc.... that could be used to create a set of tutorials. Failing that... do you guys know where there is a place I can go to get info like this for PS? I recognize that you have to make tuts for the masses and so you have to approach things a certain way. I can see using the many tutorials I have bought from you to specifically brush up on certain things, but in many ways they leave me without a direction or a path forward to actually start, create and finish a specific project. Cheers
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: