macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Bob McCune
    Drum Programming
    I would love to see a general drum programming tutorial. This would be more of a general electronic musicianship course instead of specific to any particular software/hardware instrument. I'm a guitarist of 25+ years, but have very minimal experience thinking or playing like a drummer. I want to learn some fundamental concepts in order to create effective drum beats, fills, and grooves. I'm guessing there are a number of people who would benefit from this as well, but I'd be interested in what others think. Any comments?
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Drum Programming
    +1. Excellent idea. Many computer musicians come from guitar backgrounds. So it would be very handy to share with them drum programming techniques and tips.
  • Chimulko
    Would be great that. I would like to know o How to program drums to sound like a real drummer, sometime you need to fake a real drummer.
  • GaryHiebner
    Battery has a really nice Humanize feature. The more the dial is the more it changes the velocities to make it sound more like a human as opposed t software. I would definitely recommend Battery if you wish to sound more like a human drum programmer.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: