macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Zozoruu
    Heavy Metal Recording, Mixing and Mastering
    iv been through most of your videos and find them very useful. i was just wondering if macprovideo could add a tutorial about Heavy Metal, any tips or tricks. proper micing, mixing, mastering. i do alot of work for metal local bands and have learned that many techniques used in the traditional way dont work the way it should on metal.. compression for blast beats is was different than on normal drum beats for example. micing a stack app which has distortion blasting through it is different.. any ways.. please share your idea.. thanks
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Heavy Metal Recording, Mixing and Mastering
    Great idea. Definitely a mixing tutorial would be good. There are definitely different techniques that need to be applied when dealing with a genre with different dynamics compared to you typical rock mixing techniques.
  • Zozoruu
    out of all the books and tutorials iv never seen a metal version.. its always soft music or something relaxed.. Tips from 'Jason Suecof' would be awesome
  • BenB
    I'd like to see this, too!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: