macProVideo.com
Forums
  • jontah
    FXpansion Geist Tutorial
    Hey, I would absolutely love to see a FXpansion Geist tutorial, been using Geist for drums, effects, routings, sampling, scene triggering and song mode, basically everything! Such an amazing piece of software, and since Guru was groundbreaking and used by many many users, Geist is even more improved and interesting, I'm sure alot of people would appreciate a tutorial on this, I'm using it on a daily basis! Would be very thankful for this. What I also would like to see in this tutorial is something similar to how you make "disco house" or so by only using geist's sampler, like taking parts from a disco song, slicing them and triggering them using the pads or in scene and songmode. I've been DYING to get a walkthrough of the software, until then I'll keep on reading through the manual and learn how it works. Thanks.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: FXpansion Geist Tutorial
    Thanks for the suggestion! FXpansion plug-ins are awesome!! You're right... it's certainly something we're looking into :) Had a little play around with Tremor the other week - and was thoroughly impressed.
  • jontah
    Tremor is a really cool plugin aswell! I just seem to find Geist being what Logic truely is missing. Sampling has never been easier. Instead of having to buy Ableton live and have them 2 programs open (because I really think Ableton Live is awsome for finding loops and editing samples in a quick way compared to Logic), Geist offers this in many powerful ways, and even more! Re-making loops into your own loops have never been easier. This is something I really need, I'm using Geist my main go-to plugin, the first thing I open up when starting a new project in Logic is Geist. I've started to build up a huge sample library there aswell so I can just pick and chose my favorite samples and just boom, go! Geist > EXS24 for me. If you decide to do a tutorial for Geist, it would be awsome if you could cover how to sample loops that are set to a specific grid or lets say 1 bar or so, like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAUXwrQH9VY that's what I'm looking for, finding perfect loop spots to work with, without having to open Ableton Live. This is what I want to achieve with this technique, using Geist, inside of Logic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_elinbSB61c&ob=av2e Cheers alot for alot of great work on the site! loving all the tutorials so far! Keep rocking!
  • ARNKxxxxxx
    Re: Re: FXpansion Geist Tutorial
    [quote=jontah]Hey, I would absolutely love to see a FXpansion Geist tutorial, [/quote] YES please. This would be awesome!
  • Tozyboy
    +1 Yes, an in-depth MPV Geist tutorial would be super !
  • GaryHiebner
    +1. Awesome instrument plug-in.
  • Zehubyu
    would just like to add my vote to this suggestion. fxpansion have some good vids of their own, but would really love some in-depth, and tips, tricks etc many thanks
  • Tozyboy
    [quote=el-bo]would just like to add my vote to this suggestion. fxpansion have some good vids of their own, but would really love some in-depth, and tips, tricks etc many thanks[/quote] +1
  • tadgreedy
    It's a +1 from me also! Awesome software.
  • TheUncannyValley
    [quote=jontah] I would absolutely love to see (an) [b]FXpansion Geist[/b] tutorial, been using [b]Geist[/b] for drums, effects, routings, sampling, scene triggering and song mode, basically everything! ([b]Geist[/b] is)...such an amazing piece of software, and since Guru was groundbreaking and used by many many users, [b]Geist[/b] is even more improved and interesting, I'm sure alot of people would appreciate a tutorial on this. I'm using it on a daily basis!...[/quote] Hi MacProVideo Forum & Tutorial Staff. I'm yet another huge fan of Geist by FXpansion. I own the AU, and I've gotten to a decent point in learning it. But my time is limited as my career is starting to gain some traction (finally). On behalf of all the people who posted before me in this thread, as well as those who haven't yet expressed their wishes, PLEASE see if you guys can get a Geist tutorial in the works for the first half of 2015! Geist is deep but amazingly useful in the grand FXpansion tradition. Having one of your MPV masters go through and explain it all to us would be so awesome. Thank you in advance! Russell Szabados Primordial Soup Entertainment, Las Vegas
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: