macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Mozzatron
    Ableton Genre Specific Tutorials et al
    Hi Guys First of all thanks for putting together a great resource for us all to learn from. I would love to see some Ableton tutorials which show how to build a certain style of electronic music from scratch. Mainly Deep House and Techno. Another thing which i'm really trying to develop at the minute is song structure and developing sounds. I really struggle with being able to breakaway from the rigidity of a track and find myself repeating things too much. I would find it really useful to see a tutorial which broke down the best ways to develop a track and structure things. Another great one would be how to get a good relationship between different musical aspects of a song (Electronic). For example, how to create basslines and vary them through the track, how to marry them with Pads/leads and other sounds so they sit together nicely in the mix and work together harmonically. Anything that makes sounds fit together and makes the overall mix more interesting would be greatly welcomed. Andi would have to second the requests for tutorials on Waves Plug ins and Ozone 5. Reason being is that they are the best (In my opinion) at what they do and there is very little information out there which teaches you how to use them properly in relation to electronic music. I look forward to seeing some of my suggestions in the future! Thanks Will
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Ableton Genre Specific Tutorials et al
    Hi Will, Some excellent suggestions. Olaf Basoski has done some great Ableton tutorials relating to Electronic Dance. It isn't genre specific but deals with Electronic Dance Music in a broad sense. [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/live8402[/url] [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/live8404[/url] Maybe take a look through. Olaf is a great teacher and does explain some tips on arrangement and production. He also gives some great tips on Ableton's Effects.
  • Mozzatron
    Hi Gary Yes I have watched all of Olaf's tutorials and I agree, he is a great tutor. In fact I would go as far to say he is one of the best I've seen....and I have seen a lot! Hopefully he will be doing some more quite soon? Cheers Will
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: