macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jigifoe
    set up/template tutorials
    i know that this is a jar of snakes but it would be great if you guys did tutorials on setting up templates for logic, live etc. like the pro-toolz set up but more condensed and 'quick start guide" like to recording. there are so many options in these programs that it takes many hours of unsexy work to get the point of recording. what about the core of peeps that don't give a squirt about engineering and just want to capture the creative moment. or you could just design stock templates for various instruments/applications and sell customized ones as an upsell...
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: set up/template tutorials
    Excellent idea nnnnick. Sometimes going straight into a template helps the creative process. There is no hindering things like the setup up all your instruments and plugins. Are there specific style templates you are looking for? audio recording? mastering? genre-based, like dance, rock, orchestra? Maybe some of the other users here can send links to some of their template files for their respective DAWs.
  • Jigifoe
    Re: Re: set up/template tutorials
    thanks gary. everything you mentioned. audio/midi recording, mastering for sure, output configs for re-amping or recording a 2 ch down mix of an improv of the other tracks, feeding a track(or tracks) into a looper or delay busses, key mapping transport and essential functions, folder and file management(where do all those takes live?) optimizing plug-ins and CPU load. color coding groups and individual elements, sharing templates. the quickest and dirtiest way to start recording: ..."if you wanna do [i]this[/i], you need to do these things...". and yes i would be very interested in templates for genre specific stuff as well. this would be a great series. ***i generally find all your tutorials to be very informative with tons of tips but struggle with the fact that i have to make a lot of notes as to where to locate specific tips in various tutorials. many tricks get lost in the ether before i get a chance to digest them and frequently the names of individual vids do not necessarily indicate the contents, so looking for the tip often takes much weeding, even when tagged as a favorite. (something could be improved here but i'm not sure how...more tags as they relate to content in the vid?) any templates other logic and live users have to share would be great!
  • Matthew L Fisher
    I would love to see a tutorial on Orchestral templates and advanced films scoring in Logic. I'm a composer and where I live there is absolutely nobody that can help me with what I need to do from start to finish. I messaged you guys a long time ago about this very thing and nothing happened. I think so many people would benefit out there from it. I would be willing to pay you extra!!!!!! That information would be priceless to me. In one of Steve H's scoring to film videos I saw that he used Vienna Ensemble Pro (i saw it in his dock on his computer). A tutorial on Templates and filmscoring with slave computers using vienna ensemble pro would be absolute gold for a guy like me!! [b]Please consider this!![/b]
  • GaryHiebner
    Thanks for the great suggestion Matt. We will definitely consider this.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: