macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Cacydoy
    Vienna Symphonic Library
    I'm certain there has to be a lot of interest in realistic orchestration. I'm talking about a lot more than knowing what the knobs on the plugin do. I think you could/should be the only in depth tutorial provider for VSL in English! While I use Logic, I'm sure a DAW neutral series should have huge (international) appeal. There are a number of good orchestral sample libraries available, (you get what you pay for) but I'm hoping that you can help realize the goal of the nuanced realism that has already been movie soundtracks and in the VSL demos.
  • Palovae
    Re: Vienna Symphonic Library
    Totally agree here ! With the plethora of sample libraries out there at commercial prices more and more people are delving into using orchestral sample libraries. For the professional composer nothing less than total realism is expected nowadays and tutorials on how achieve this realism would not go unnoticed ! You could attract a lot more budding composers with tutorials like this. I personally would love to learn more about how to create realistic orchestrations. Even giving an overview of how to use EQ, Expression, Velocity and Articulations to create better realism would be great. Perhaps start with just the string section and use one of the better libraries like Cinematic Strings 2 or LAAS (of course this is arguable) as the platform. A lot of the same techniques could apply across the board anyway. There aren't a lot of tutorials out there, even the companies themselves don't do any in-depth tutorials, which is frankly their downfall in terms of selling their product. If I knew I could get a step by step tutorial on how to create realistic orchestrations using a specific sample orchestral library I would buy it in a snap. Perhaps you could strike up a deal with one of these companies? Just my two cents...
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: