macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Tozyboy
    Halion 5
    Hi, Halion 5 tutorials will be great to see come to MPV ! Thanks, Muziksculp
  • Tozyboy
    Re: Halion 5
    Interesting ! No one interested in Halion 5 tutorials ? This is one deep, and powerful Sampler, and would surely deserve some MPV tutorials. Cheers, Muziksculp
  • GaryHiebner
    Thanks Muziksculp for the suggestion. Halion has been around for awhile and a tutorial on it is a great suggestion. Anything in particular you'd like to see explained about this sampler?
  • Tozyboy
    Re: Re: Halion 5
    [quote=Gary Hiebner]Thanks Muziksculp for the suggestion. Halion has been around for awhile and a tutorial on it is a great suggestion. Anything in particular you'd like to see explained about this sampler?[/quote] Hi Gary, Given that Halion 5 is such a deep sampler to cover in one set of tutorials. Maybe a basic, then Intermediate, and finally advanced tutorials might not be such a bad idea. Or maybe Basic, then Advanced, then Tips and Tricks. Kind of odd that MPV does not have Halion 4, or Halion 5 tutorials :- ( Hopefully this will change once you have Halion 5 tutorials :- ) It would be helpful to go through the interface in general explaining how best to use it, with some workflow tips that will help speed up tasks. Also a brief review on the new Instruments included in Halion 5. Then dive into the sampling engine, importing samples from Cubase 7 into Halion 5, mapping the samples into zones, ...Switching programs via key-switches, and other controllers for real time performance etc. Modulation, Envelopes, Filters, ..etc. Explain how best to use Layers, and the program tree to analyze, and build new instruments, or edit existing ones, also venture into the new Granular Synth Engine, Effects, and the Mixer in Halion 5, how best to use it, tips, ..etc. Explain how best to prepare samples to be imported into Halion 5, i.e. from Cubase 7. i.e. naming scheme, using folders to organize the samples, ...etc. Integration with Wavelab 8, i.e. editing samples in Wavelab 8, then continue working with the edited samples in Halion 5, .and many other tips, and how to topics that would improve/speed up workflow. Give a clear picture of the various sound generating options available in Halion 5. (Synth engine), (Sample Engine), (Granular Engine), and how to combine the various engines into one program, How to use Layers for creative sound design. It would be cool to give some extra attention to the Granular Synth Engine, and how to get creative with it. Since it is quite powerful, and very unique for creating new sonic textures. I hope I didn't complicate things ;-) with this. Basically Halion 5 tutorials that are exciting, entertaining, and fun to watch and learn would be what I will enjoy, and will give the user a good grasp of how best to use it in an optimized fashion, and get under the hood of Halion 5 to get creative with instrument, and sound design. Thanks, Muziksculp
  • Tozyboy
    Re: Re: Halion 5
    Hi, Any update, feedback, or good news, regarding[ b] Halion 5 [/b]Tutorials ? Thanks, Muziksculp
  • Xomedua
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Halion 5
    I've recently purchased Halion 5 and am shocked at how awesome it is. I expected it to be good but it has blown me away. However for me the manual is taking a while to get my head round, I'm sure I'll get there eventually, but I would love something on the lines of "Native Instruments 203: Reaktor: Revealed" for Halion, but obviously including everything Halion has to offer. which is basically the sort of thing Muziksculp is asking for above. I've owned Komplete 8 Ultimate, now own Komplete 9 Ultimate and while there's still a lot from there I will use, Halion is my new go to thing. Thanks
  • Tozyboy
    Well.. It would be nice if we finally get Halion 5 MPVideo tutorials soon. Any update on this from MPV ? Thanks, Muziksculp
  • ADub
    I would mos def purchase some Halion 5 tutorials if they were available here. I think the three levels plus tips and tricks would be excellent. Basic, intermediate, advanced, and tips and tricks. If there is not enough interest in doing a full blown tutorial maybe we can see some articles and/or some mini-tutorials or some free content that's short and digestible to determine the level of interest.
  • Hycolyi
    Halion 5 is now a mature program with a large feature set. The sound design features differentiate it from Kontakt. Would very much like to see a tutorial, even if only "Tips and Tricks". The manual is large and thorough but video tutorials often clarify processes and features which are not so obvious in print.
  • Foriviy
    Yes. A most definite need. Halion 5 is very deep and a vast amount of time would be saved by a good tutorial (or set of). My money is waiting.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: