macProVideo.com
Forums
  • MikeChris
    Re: Re: Halion 5
    I am joining forces here. A tutorial/tutorials on Halion 5 and Halionsonic 2 would be a very welcome new addition. Both are great software!
  • Tozyboy
    Re: Halion 5
    [quote=Mike]I am joining forces here. A tutorial/tutorials on Halion 5 and Halionsonic 2 would be a very welcome new addition. Both are great software![/quote] Hi, and Welcome aboard this Request thread for Halion 5 tutorials. Would love to hear some feedback on this from MPVideo , so far they have kind of let us in the dark. I'm hoping that they are already in a production mode ;-) Any feedback from MPV on this would be appreciated. Many Thanks, Muziksculp
  • Greenthum
    I have already purchased many of the tutorials for Cubase and have found them very helpful. I currently have Halion 4 and want to upgrade to Halion 5. Sadly, I have not taken the time to learn Halion 4 other than how to access the factory presets and use it with Cubase. Learning Cubase has taken up most of my time. I have read many good things about Halion 5 and since I am using Cubase it seems like a no-brainer to upgrade. The MPVideos have greatly accelerated my learning of Cubase. I'm ready to put in my order as soon as Halion 5 tutorials are made available.
  • Taxubey
    I am confounded as to why there are not any in depth tutorials on Halion 5 and now Halion 5.1. I fault Steinberg themselves for not making in depth tutorials on how to use the program . the Gui is very confusing and cluttered. with the enormorus cost of this software you would think there would be some serious video tutorials made available. Just learning the sampling features would be a big help. This is a sampler right? I do not even know how to import my own samples or a drum loop to slice and rearrange to export midi or wave into perhaps beatbox. Cmon guys Lets petition Mathew Hepworth to make us an full in depth tutorial on Halion 5 and now 5.1.
  • Tozyboy
    Re: Re: Halion 5
    Well... I started this topic in Aug. 2013. and we are close to moving into Feb. 2015 ! I wonder what's the reason for not making MPV Halion 5 tutorials, surely, they had enough time to make it, but sadly they have not. : - (
  • Taxubey
    I think the reason why is simply, Halion 5 is not that popular, due to the cluttered Gui, Extreme learning curve, Cpu Hog and Many outdated sounds, Not many people are interested. On the other hand , I wish I had Purchased Kontakt Instead. search youtube and see how many tutorials there are on halion 5 Not many, It is as though Halion does not even exists, Yet there are many tutorials on Kontakt. I have since tried Kontakt and must say I like it Way Better Than Halion 5. I must Mention That I really Like Halion se And Halion sonic 2. I only purchased Halion 5 for the sampling, It seems to do everything else but, the sampling Seems as though it is hidden amongst cluttered complexities. Perhaps if there were better tutorials on how to use the software my perspective would change, but as it is now, since no one wants to support the learning of it, due to not enough interest in the software compared to Kontakt and motu mach five. I am investigating on how to sell my license for Halion 5 for half price or best offer. Interested ??
  • Crystal
    Interesting Post ... Cheers :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: