macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Student453440
    using Greyscale on a Mac
    I am trying out the greyscale options on my Air 2018. i7. I like the idea of less eye strain and I don't mind no color most of the time if it works. I have the Greyscale option on and my browser dark. Could I get a button to put on the upper menu that will toggle the color filter off and on with 1 click? Would that switch the browser setting also back to normal??That would be ideal.. Also if I get an external monitor 24 inch, is there one that is especially good at greyscale and black and white options???? not everyone wants a billion colors blasting their eyes for hours at time..
  • Joe A
    Re: using Greyscale on a Mac
    Hi - If you search "macOS greyscale menu bar shortcut" that should turn up several links to various Apple forums that describe AppleScripts or Terminal scripts that can apparently be set up to do this. You might want to specify your OS version, since from what I can tell it seems like potential solutions may be OS-specific.. Caveat -- If you decide to try any of those options, I'd suggest backing up your system before experimenting, especially with Terminal scripts..
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: