macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Student469162
    voice memo
    i have recorded my thoughts on voice memo. How and where can I listen it and how can I see info about it (date, memory)? If I open voice memo app here, I can see the recording, but that's it. I don't know how to listen it or see info about it. But I remember memory was quite big. Today a seller recorded by her iphone voice memo and memory was 500 kb per minute, that's normal. The same file in my Mac is much larger. Why? Is it normal? Both are m4a. But I don't remember well, and I don't know, how to check it.
  • Joe A
    Re: voice memo
    I don't have an iPhone/iPad so I can't offer any advice about using the Voice Memos app, but the Mac application version has two options in the Preferences [Voice Memos menu > Preferences...] for file size: Compressed [which creates smaller files] and Lossless [which creates larger, higher-quality files] -- a Compressed file seems to be about 1/10th the size of a Lossless file. As far as accessing the audiofiles, with the Voice Memos Mac application you can just drag a finished recording from the Voice Memos sidebar to the desktop, where it'll show up as a regular .m4a Apple audio file. You can also Share it [via the Share button, upper right] via Mail/Messages/Airdrop/etc. I'd imagine the options are similar with the app. There's Help available [via the Help menu] within the Voice Memos [Mac application] itself that covers all this -- again, I'd imagine similar Help would be available in the app version.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: