macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Student490508
    Any ideas on how to repair this audio track with IZotope RX ?
    Hi all, Here's "Little Wing" by Stevie Ray Vaughan : https://www.deezer.com/fr/track/848860 This track has a very disturbing hum all track long. You can notice it easily at 1:22-1:23, but it's there all song long. This hum appears on two separate audio equipments, so I guess the problem is not on my side but on the track's side. I have tried to remove it with IZotope RX 7, but I haven't suceeded at all. I guess it goes beyond my current skills. I have tried almost everything I could : hum removal, spectrum repair, and all sorts of things. After one hour, I just can't make it go away. I must be doing something wrong. Maybe I'm missing the hum's exact frequency, I don't know. Could somebody please point me in the right direction ? Thanks in advance !
  • Joe A
    Re: Any ideas on how to repair this audio track with IZotope RX ?
    Hi - Of course the De-Hum module in RX should be the best way to go at it -- you might have to fine-tune the [base] hum frequency to get it to work effectively. The version of De-hum in RX 9 offers some improvements and might yield better results. The RX 9 De-hum also adds a Dynamic mode which iZotope suggests could potentially be more effective on problem tracks -- it has to Learn the hum in this mode, but it sounds like you might be able to use the more isolated section you mentioned [if the hum is isolated enough] to get De-hum to Learn the hum signature, and then apply it to the rest of the track.
  • Student490508
    Thanks for your reply. I have spent 30 min again with the De-hum tool, focusing on the part around 1:22-1:23 where the hum can easily be heard, and I can't for the life of me find the frequencies of that damned hum. The auto detection gives me nothing useful, and I have tried a lot of frequencies and a lot of Q factors. I'm lost here. If somebody can either try on his own (I can provide the track or a part of it), or point me to another RX-focused forum... My point is that I don't want to bother anybody. I generally like to do things on my own, but this is the first time I'm completely lost with a given track. This is driving me mad, really.
  • Joe A
    I guess if De-hum can't handle it you could try Spectral De-Noise -- that also has a Learn function and an Adaptive mode [at least in RX 9], which might help if the hum/buzz changes over the course of the song [iZotope suggests it for changing, shifting noise sources].
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: