macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Student472143
    Nectar 3 Problems
    Hello, I’m running Nectar 3 on Cubase Elements 10. It’s installed successfully, but cannot activate. I’ve tried re-installing, Aldo re-installed Cubase. It actually died after Izotopes update in recent weeks. I wanted to share a photo but cannot? Any suggestions? Cheers
  • Joe A
    Re: Nectar 3 Problems
    Hi - iZotope has had a number of installation/activation problems in the last year or so. Remember, there are two ways to install an iZotope product -- directly, with the specific product installer [which is what I always use], or via their Product Portal software [if you used the Portal you might want to try the regular installer]. This page from iZotope support discusses troubleshooting some common authorization issues and includes links to other support pages on Authorization problems: https://support.izotope.com/hc/en-us/articles/360026394474-Troubleshooting-Authorization-Issues That said, you'd probably need to provide them with more information: platform, OS, OS version, Nectar version, etc.. You said "it died after iZotope's update in recent weeks"; was it installed|working properly before you updated Nectar? When you say "cannot activate" exactly what happens?
  • Student472143
    Hello Joe, much appreciation for your assistance but I have found out the problem from the Cubase Forums and my Delay Compensation Constrain was on which disables all VST plugins.
  • Student472143
    Correction- Constrain Delay Compensation
  • Joe A
    So it turned out that this time the issue was with a plug-in handling feature in the host that disabled the plug-in, rather than the plug-in itself.. Anyway I'm glad you got it up & running. It's interesting, every DAW seems to handle delay compensation a little differently, though after reading about that feature in the Cubase manual, disabling plug-ins with higher latencies does seem to be an unusual implementation -- other DAWs I've seen seem to just disable the compensation rather than disabling the plug-ins themselves. But I can see why it would hit iZotope plug-ins -- a lot of the advanced processing in their plug-ins does tend to induce higher latencies.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: