macProVideo.com
Forums
  • jvanva
    Can Logic Pro and Logic Express coexist on the same machine?
    Hi all, I'm a fairly new user to logic. I started with Logic Express to test the water with it before committing to the Logic Pro. I decided I like it enough and have since purchased the Logic Pro upgrade. My machine is a MacBook. This machine travels with me, so I am rather concerned about having to maintain a dongle when I am on the move. Ideally, I would like to have both Logic Express and Logic Pro coexist on the same machine. That way, when I can reserve the use of Logic Pro for when I am in a stable environment but still be able to use Logic Express when moving around. Granted this would be with reduced functionality, but the peace of mind is worth that to me. So does anyone here know if this is possible and can direct me to some instructions on how to accomplish this? Thanks!! Darth Vanva
  • Martin
    Re: Can Logic Pro and Logic Express coexist on the same machine
    It is possible ... just install them both! Nothing more to it than that ... you can even use them both at the same time, if you like.
  • jvanva
    Thanks! I finally got around to trying this and it is working just fine. I don't know why I thought there might be problems, but I'm glad there isn't. Darth Vanva
  • Chrl
    I have read that you need to be careful when installing both apps on the same system. Apparently, the Logic Express installation will overwrite your EXS samples. Logic Express won't create it's own Application Support folder. I haven't tried it so I can't confirm. Check this link on the Apple Discussion forum for more info : http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=3972607&#3972607
  • jvanva
    In my case, Logic Express was installed first so if anything, Logic Pro should do the overwriting. I haven't checked out the express instruments after installing Pro other than playing the express demo song, which worked fine. I may dig a little deeper into the express instruments later this evening after exploring Pro a bit more. Darth Vanva
  • Martin
    [quote:1687]I have read that you need to be careful when installing both apps on the same system. Apparently, the Logic Express installation will overwrite your EXS samples.[/quote] That could be the case ... play safe and back up that folder first ... :) ... you can always re-install the default ones, anyway ...
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: