macProVideo.com
Forums
  • abertronix
    Triggering loops with Korg padkontrol
    Hi! Firstly just want to say thankyou Martin and Steve for the great tutorials its been a worthwhile investment in my education! Im glad you have these forums, because Logic being the monster it is ,its quite difficult to cover everything. I have just bought a Korg padkontrol for the purpose of creating drum patterns but more specifically for triggering loops so i can creatively and spontaneously build different arrangements for my compositions and also as a method for live performance. I have been able to set up automation for individual sounds (beats,etc),key commands and track Automation but I dont have a clue how to set it up to trigger loops. Thankyou, Aaron [url]http://www.myspace.com/abertronix[/url]
  • Claude Young
    Re: Triggering loops with Korg padkontrol
    [quote:1881]Hi! Firstly just want to say thankyou Martin and Steve for the great tutorials its been a worthwhile investment in my education! Im glad you have these forums, because Logic being the monster it is ,its quite difficult to cover everything. I have just bought a Korg padkontrol for the purpose of creating drum patterns but more specifically for triggering loops so i can creatively and spontaneously build different arrangements for my compositions and also as a method for live performance. I have been able to set up automation for individual sounds (beats,etc),key commands and track Automation but I dont have a clue how to set it up to trigger loops. Thankyou, Aaron [url]http://www.myspace.com/abertronix[/url][/quote] Hi Aaron, The best way to do what you want is to use the Touch Tracks Object in the environment (manual page 234). You will have to create ESX instruments to playback the audio files because touch tracks can not playback audio tracks only midi tracks. I would explain it here but its a bit lengthy. Also check out the following, it might be helpful: http://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=8584&highlight=touch+tracks Hope this helps. I live in Shinjyuku as well by the way! :-) All the best. Cy
  • abertronix
    Thankyou Cy, The information and link you gave me was very useful!! i owe you some beers and I guess cause we live in the same city ,thats very possible( also then I can extract some more knowlege from you ;) ) Cheers, Aaron
  • Claude Young
    [quote:1881]Thankyou Cy, The information and link you gave me was very useful!! i owe you some beers and I guess cause we live in the same city ,thats very possible( also then I can extract some more knowlege from you ;) ) Cheers, Aaron[/quote] Hey Aaron, Any time I can be of help just let me know. Ill send you a message on myspace today. Really enjoy your music. Beautiful forward thinking material. Deepest respect. Cy
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: