macProVideo.com
Forums
  • heimi
    Is Logic a dead-end street?
    Hi everybody. We're setting up our studios and spending a huge amount of money. I was evaluating the Steinberg products (cubase, nuendo), logic and pro tools (LE, TDM). I was also evaluating the hardware if we should buy MACs or PCs. And our decision is: all MACs, Apogee and Logic. But our feelings are not that good, because we don't know what's going on behind the Apple walls. It's a long time ago since there was a major Logic update. Was it 2004, the Logic 7 update? 3 years dead silence from Apple. I don't need detailed informations on what's going on behind the Apple walls. But if somebody has REAL SERIOUS informations the only thing I would like to know is if my decision is a dead-end street. Will there ever be a Logic 8 or a professional product where we can use all our Logic 7 projects? Garage Band Pro or iLife Platinum? I hope not, otherwise I can go the Steinberg Cubase way with Toys'R'Us-User-Interface. Or I have to buy Pro Tools where only TDM is really useful (delay compensation, limited tracks, etc.) I hope somebody can give us an answer. Thank you very much in advance.
  • steveH
    Re: Is Logic a dead-end street?
    My spiritual gypsy fortune teller tells me that we won't be dissapointed... I do know that Logic is a very important product for Apple... perhaps its best selling Pro App. Let's hope that we won't be dissapointed when all their hard work comes to fruition.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: