macProVideo.com
Forums
  • steveonbass
    Using the Glue Tool to merge regions
    Martin, you're a genius. I've learnt more in a few hours than I have in weeks of struggling to get to know Logic on my own. Thankyou! I just followed your example of how to rubber band select regions with the glue tool, then click on the regions to merge them. I can't seem to make the regions merge even by doing this. I'm using Logic Express. Any thoughts? Steve
  • steveonbass
    Re: Using the Glue Tool to merge regions
    Just realised, I'm trying to merge green apple loops which I've imported into the arrange window. Can these be merged? Steve
  • Christian L
    Yes they can. Rubber ban to select all regions with the glue tool and click on a region. They should merge.
  • steveonbass
    Thanks Christian. It still doesn't seem to merge the regions into one. I can still click on one of the individual regions and move it around. I assume if it's merged it should move all the regions as one? Steve
  • Christian L
    Hi Steve! Okay, I think I understand what's the problem here. You probably dragged the green appleloops to an audio track. When you do this, Logic convert the loop to a standard blue appleloops (which can't be merged). Try dragging the green loops to an instrument track, not an audio track and it will work as expected.
  • steveonbass
    Hi Christian, Thanks, that's sorted out my merging problem with green apple loops. That works perfectly now. I'm still not able to merge blue loops in an audio track though.
  • Martin
    [quote:17110]Thanks, that's sorted out my merging problem with green apple loops. That works perfectly now. I'm still not able to merge blue loops in an audio track though.[/quote] The only way I know of is to convert the regions to WAV files using the Local Audio menu > convert regions to new audio files, or something like that (can't remember the exact name). Then you can glue them. I seem to remember that leaving them as AIFFs just converts them back to an apple loop you still can't merge ... maybe thats fixed now. Anyway, give that a shot. It would make sense that Logic should just create a new region frm the noncontiguous files ... but it does not, for whatever reason. Tere's lots of stuff you should be able to do with apple loops, but can't (cough ... create fades). Or just work with the green loops, which let you change instruments, timeing, and all sorts of other great stuff ... :)
  • Christian L
    [quote:1002] The only way I know of is to convert the regions to WAV files using the Local Audio menu > convert regions to new audio files, or something like that (can't remember the exact name). Then you can glue them. I seem to remember that leaving them as AIFFs just converts them back to an apple loop you still can't merge ... maybe thats fixed now. Anyway, give that a shot. It would make sense that Logic should just create a new region frm the noncontiguous files ... but it does not, for whatever reason. Tere's lots of stuff you should be able to do with apple loops, but can't (cough ... create fades). [/quote] Yeah, converting them to aiff just convert them back to appleloops, so it does'nt work. If I remember well, converting them to WAV will revert the appleloop to it's original tempo, so it will only work if the song tempo is the same as the original appleloops tempo. The only way that I know of is to bounce the section of the track you want to merge to a new audio file and import it back to the arrangment. Don't forget to solo the track and to click the "add to audio window" before bouncing. Then go to the audio window, and drag the new audio file to your arrange window.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: