macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Viruvia
    Mastering, bouncing, audio file and version management
    Hi Steve, I love this idea of downloading tutorials for the next year, and I can't wait until the next ones! I have a couple of suggestions for MASTERING: f.e.: is it better to leave the mastering effects on while mixing tracks, or should you first mix without mastering? BOUNCING TRACKS: How do you do this quickly (in/out points selection etc.). Which are the best settings to use (AIF, WAV for CD/DVD production and MP3 for Podcasts/iPod) AUDIO FILE MANAGEMENT: With you first recording you get the option to give the audio files a name. What is a good way to manage the audio file names, also with new tracks, that might need another name. VERSION MANAGEMENT: I always find it hard to keep track of progress I made in Logic, as I usually make multiple versions of songs. I am wondering if there is a good way to do this, other than saving the song again with a version # behind it. Keep up the good work!
  • steveH
    Re: Mastering, bouncing, audio file and version management
    [quote:1823]Hi Steve, I love this idea of downloading tutorials for the next year, and I can't wait until the next ones! I have a couple of suggestions for MASTERING: f.e.: is it better to leave the mastering effects on while mixing tracks, or should you first mix without mastering? BOUNCING TRACKS: How do you do this quickly (in/out points selection etc.). Which are the best settings to use (AIF, WAV for CD/DVD production and MP3 for Podcasts/iPod) AUDIO FILE MANAGEMENT: With you first recording you get the option to give the audio files a name. What is a good way to manage the audio file names, also with new tracks, that might need another name. VERSION MANAGEMENT: I always find it hard to keep track of progress I made in Logic, as I usually make multiple versions of songs. I am wondering if there is a good way to do this, other than saving the song again with a version # behind it. Keep up the good work! [/quote] Mastering is a tutorial in itself... perhaps a few tips could work though... I added bouncing techniques to my to do list... Namng IS an important topic... it is also a confusing topic in Logic so YES... I'll do it
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: