macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Tocahoi
    Work to picture
    First of all thanks....this stuff is really useful! Ok, what would I like? 1. Most of my work comes from writing to picture. I am fine if it is just an ad or theme tune, but I start running in to problems when I am working with extended pieces (ie documentaries and film). It is really irritating to have to have one Logic song/project per cue, so sometimes I will have about 5-10 minutes worth of cues in each Logic song. Then of course I have to change the tempo or time signature for the first cue in the project and then....I am in a mess. Especially when working in midi (and bearing in mind that I am running gigastudio from a PC plus a couple of outboard synths). Yes one can lock audio, but it just doesn't handle the midi. So, any coverage of more advanced Logic with Video (and I do have the tutorial you have already done) points would be great. 2. Tips for integrating external parts of one's studio....(ie Gigastudio/Guitar Rig/external synths) from working with midi to setting up one's final mix. 3. Working with folder tracks. Is there some way of (as in the case when I am working on several cues that are being written to picture) packing a folder with all the midi/audio from a particular cue and moving it around the arrange page. I will fully understand if this makes no sense, after all, I used to be a bass player. Best regards Andy [url]http://www.andrewkremer.com[/url]
  • steveH
    Re: Work to picture
    Hi! I score to picture for a living so I totally understand your questions.. Personally, I like having a separate song for each cue... it gives me the ultimate flexibility to make sure every cue is the best that it can be without compromising any other cue. Connecting up the external parts of ones studio is a complex issue that I'd like to attempt to do a tutorial on... great idea! Regarding folder tracks, the answer is yes! That's one of the great things about them...I'll add them to my list too!
  • Tocahoi
    I know but it's when I am putting in cues that are 'punctuating' the visuals as opposed to providing an accompanyment that I start (okay say it...getting lazy) adding cues together. You are just a lot more discliplined than I am, respect! Yes to the folder tracks idea....now that has got my attention!!!!! Please, please, please.....just give me a clue where to look, just a little tit bit....just something to work with....pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaase ps would love to hear some of your work Best A
  • steveH
    select some regions... goto the menu: regions/folder/pack folder! Did you know that you can copy and paste regions from one song to another?... which is another way to add cues together!
  • Tocahoi
    Okay I have some experimenting to do....I have used folders, mainly for breaking down mixes when I have an arrange page that is getting out of hand, but it is the idea that for instance, folder contents for a cue that starts at say 2.30 is not in any way affected when I have to change the tempo of a cue at 1.10. does that make sense? I have copied and pasted regions between songs but it's when the songs are of different tempos and time signatures that I start getting in a mess. By the way, just found your site...awesome....Chaka Khan, Chuck Loeb.....great work man AND you know how to use the gear. Very inspiring! But, how do you manage to keep your work flow and deal with the forum stuff? Do you sleep?
  • steveH
    [quote:2527] By the way, just found your site...awesome....Chaka Khan, Chuck Loeb.....great work man AND you know how to use the gear. Very inspiring! But, how do you manage to keep your work flow and deal with the forum stuff? Do you sleep?[/quote] zzzzzzzzzzzzz.....
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: