macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Braden
    Midi to audio
    I know this will seem really basic, but I'm trying to convert my midi tracks to audio files......all at once onto the audio tracks in the same order as they are in the midi configuration. I tried the" import all tracks as audio files" under file in the arrange, but no luck, and I haven't found any mention of it in the manual. I've been doing it 1 midi track at a time, which is idiotic, I know ! Any help out there ? thanks Braden
  • Fodejai
    Re: Midi to audio
    HI Braden, it is EXPORT all tracks as audio files not IMPORT! That should do the trick. then use the import audio file in the audio menu for each track. 1st select the track and position then use the above scenario!
  • Christian L
    [quote:10134]HI Braden, then use the import audio file in the audio menu for each track. 1st select the track and position then use the above scenario! [/quote] In fact, if you check "Add resulting files to Audio Window" there will be no need to import back the files... it will be done automatically. You only drag them from the audio window to the arrange window,
  • Fodejai
    [/quote] In fact, if you check "Add resulting files to Audio Window" there will be no need to import back the files... it will be done automatically. You only drag them from the audio window to the arrange window,[/quote] Awesome...I did know you could do that!
  • Braden
    Thanks for your replies Craig and Christian...... I tried it, but the only track that converts to audio is a piano thats on an INSTRUMENT track. The midi tracks don't convert. Just to be clear....... It's, File>>> Export>>>>All tracks as Audio Files.....right ? Braden
  • Fodejai
    You can't convert midi tracks from external hardware. You have to record the output of the instrument onto an audio track. 1. on a blank audio track, select the input that corresponds to your midi synth. 2. Press the record button on the track 3. set the input levels o your audio interface 4. when everything is good, hit record on the arrange page and let it record the midi sequence. Now you have an audio track of your midi sequence. As far as know, you have to do 1 track at a time, but I can be wrong. CP.
  • Braden
    Sounds like I'm back to square one......recording 1 midi track at a time, to an audio track is what I've been doing.... So as far as you know, there's no way to record /convert, external hardware midi tracks to audio in one swoop ?
  • Fodejai
    OK, I always do 1 at a time, but this might work. Audio track 1 input select the input for midi hardware 1 then on audio track 2, select the input for midi hardware track 2 etc.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: