macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Elecjon
    Crashing
    Hi All I run an iMac dual core processor, 512mb DDR SDRAM, Logic Pro7.2 with a Fireface 800 interface, there were lots of issues regarding the Fireface with the drivers at the time, being intel, but all working well now. I would say from the start I am a newcomer to Mac, having been using various PC based programs for years, this Logic pro7.2 ..what a platform ..fabulous. I plan next week to get a 750gig separate hard drive on which to store songs. I have a couple of issues which someone may be able to throw some light on. Occasionally it crashes when I am recording ..like big time, I get the message in several languages to restart etc. Also I occasionally get the 'core audio' is overloading message, Do I need more RAM? Having a stand alone hard drive storage is this likely to help? Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated PS Great Forum ! Jon
  • Christian L
    Re: Crashing
    [quote:19694]Hi All Do I need more RAM? Having a stand alone hard drive storage is this likely to help? Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated PS Great Forum ! Jon[/quote] Buy more RAM. It will make a big difference! An additionnal HD would be good too, but if you gotta choose between memory or HD choose the RAM. 512 GB is simply not enough to get any work done with Logic.
  • Elecjon
    Many thanks.. guess thats what it was.. ordered 2gig that should solve probs, hooking up 750gig ext hard drive as well Jon
  • Christian L
    [quote:19694]Many thanks.. guess thats what it was.. ordered 2gig that should solve probs, hooking up 750gig ext hard drive as well Jon[/quote] Great! Tell us if you have any more questions...
  • Elecjon
    Many thanks for input All upgraded & done ..probs dissapeared...many thanks Jon
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: