macProVideo.com
Forums
  • mikey52
    Loops File paths OUT OF WHACK
    Hey, I have lots of apple loops but not all of them are in the Loop browswer. I think I need to reinstall from a clean slate. Not sure how to do that though. The other problem is the current path for most of the loops are as follows: HD/Library/Audio/Apple Loops etc. or there is another one at my home Mike/Library/Audio/Apple Loops 2 Pretty much is a mess. I saw from the training video these are supposed to be in Application support and under Garage Band. Thanks guys Let me KNOW!!! Mike
  • jean-marc
    Re: Loops File paths OUT OF WHACK
    here's what i did with my third party apple loops: place your apple loops folder(s) in: home/library/audio/apple loops/user loops/ drag your loop folder into logic loop browser wait until they are all indexed by the program you're done
  • Christian L
    AppleLoops can be located in different places on your HD. This is normal. If you find that AppleLoops are missing... here is a trick to reindex your AppleLoops browser. 1-Open Your Loop Browser in Logic. 2-Do a search for the loop 70s ballad drums 01( a default GB loop) 3-Go back to the finder. 4-Go to "HD-Library-Audio-Apple Loops-Apple-Apple Loops for GarageBand 5-Drag the "70s ballad drums 01.aif" file to your desktop 6-Go back to Logic Browser and select the 70s Ballad Drums 01 file. 7-You will get an alert telling you that Logic can't find the loop. 8-This is important : Go back to your finder and replace the "70s ballad drums 01" file to it's original folder. 9-Click "Reindex Loops" in your Logic loop browser.
  • mikey52
    Worked like a charm. Thanks so much You guys are great Mike
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: