macProVideo.com
Forums
  • JA
    Recording plugin fx ( Amplitube2) without having to bounce
    Hi Martin, I have tried to figure out a way to record a plugin fx such as Amplitube 2 without having to bounce in Logic. Meaning I want the option of choosing the settings and printing audio as is. You can in other hosts like pro tools very easily In Logic you can't take a channel and switch the input to a bus with a Plugin, so that it prints while playing/recording. I was wondering does Logic have another solution? thanks Johnny
  • Christian L
    Re: Recording plugin fx ( Amplitube2) without having to bounce
    There is a little trick that you can use to do this... I talked about it in 2 other threads. It's usually easier to just bounce the track... but here's the threads where I explain this : [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/logic-pro-express&id=2983&sid=#2986[/url] [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/logic-pro-express&id=1923&sid=#1951[/url]
  • JA
    Hi Christian, I am following your steps, but I've got 2 questions. 1. If I set the noise gate (the side chain) to bus 1 , what do I have on bus 1? my Amplitube? 2.Then you say insert your Virtual Instrument on an instrument track But Amplitube doesn't show up in the instrument list, it shows up as a plugin list. So when I rec enable the both of them , It doesn't record the plugin fx Sorry , what am I missing? thanks
  • Christian L
    Oh sorry... I thought you were trying to record an audio instrument. If I understand correctly, you want to record an audio signal (a live guitar for example) with the FX. Here's a way to do this... it's pretty simple. Just open your "audio configuration window" and insert FX on the insert of your audio INPUT (not on a track). Everything going through this input will be recorded with the FX. Personnally, I prefer to record a dry signal so that I can have more freedom with FX when mixing.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: