macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Sazzle
    EXS24
    Hi, I have recently got a copy of logic pro 7 and I can't seem to find the massive sampler library (exs24.) apple loops open and work fine, but how do i get to these amazing samples? Sazzle.
  • Christian L
    Re: EXS24
    The EXs24 factory samples can be found in HD/Library/Application Support/Logic/EXS24 Factory Samples. All of this should be installed with the complete installation of Logic. If you find that these are missing, try a reinstall of Logic.
  • Mr Bean
    Hi, I just found exactly the same as Christian; no samples, in fact, no EXS24 directory. If I do a re-install, is it a full re-install or will it just 'fill in any gaps'? Thanks.
  • Sazzle
    Hi Mr. Bean I reinstalled Logic pro again, and the sample library is all there. In the channel strip which is at the left of the page, there are some grey tabs. I was previously looking for the EXS24 in the wrong section (inserts and outputs), but if you hold click on one of the tabs under I/O, then if you follow through the scroll menus, you should find the EXS24 library there. Let me know if you can't find it, Sazzle
  • Mr Bean
    Hi Sazzle (or anyone that can help): Previously, when following the filepath above, I didn't find the sample library. I was using Finder and looking in 'Library' under my Administrator directory. Well, I just found them all by going into Macintosh HD-Library-Application Support-Logic-EXS24! However, when I patch in the EXS24 in Logic (as Sazzle describes above), and then try to load a sample, I can see the sample library [i]but they're all ghosted out[/i]. Can someone please tell me how I get Logic to go find them? Thanks guys!
  • Sazzle
    Ok, so you've found your library outside logic so you know it's all there which is good. To call up EXS24 within logic, you must click onan instrument track (i.e. a blue one, and not a yellow audio one). Then go to the channel strip and hold click on I/O. Follow the menus Multi Channel/Logic/EXS24. The plugin window then comes up in logic. Go to the black bar which is above the nob that says cut off and click once. Then a large scroll menu of instruments should come up, and just select the sound you want. Once you have selected it, nothing will actually sound unless you apply it to something that you have programmed in. The sampler will work either on apple loops or on notes you have programmed in yourself, but nothing will sound until you actually have some notes in the track! If that doesn't work, are you sure you have a full copy of the programme? Sazzle
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: