macProVideo.com
Forums
  • mikey52
    Too much Metronome
    Another question for you masters of Logic: When recording with an audio instrument, for example an EXS24 piano, and am using the metronome, I am hearing not only the klopfgeis (doing its normal clicking) but also a note on the piano on each beat (in this case a low C#) . This is going on simultaneously..... very uncool. I just want to have the "knocking ghost" keeping my time, not whatever audio instrument I'm recording as well. It's actually even printing in the matrix editor as it records. Let me know the scoop and thanks so very much again, Mike
  • Christian L
    Re: Too much Metronome
    Hi Mikey52, Go to your environment. Go to the Clic and Ports layer... (or the one that have your MIDI metronome clic object). Make sure that there is no cable going from the metronome to your sequencer input. Click on the cable to select it, and delete it (local menu edit- delete or hit the backspace key.) Tell us if it works...
  • mikey52
    Christian~ So I went to the clic and ports layer and actually checked all the layers in the environment and I could not find the metronome clic object. The path in my clic and ports is as follows A big grey section called Physical input going to a keyboard that is labeled Input Notes going to a smaller square called Input view and finally to a small brown square called to Recording & Thru Mike
  • Christian L
    There should be one somewhere... if not you would'nt hear any metronome click. Each song can only have one metronome object... so you only need to create another one to solve your problem. Go to your "clic and ports" layer, and choose "MIDI Metronome Click" in the "New" local menu. It will create a new "MIDI Click" object and overwrite the other (even if it's on another layer).
  • mikey52
    That did it! Thanks guys, Mike
You must be logged in to post a reply
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: